• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just won my first A-2 off the bay!

alfanator

@Stony. Good to see you after all these years and thanks for the 40s G1.

The A-2 has absorbed a few coats of lexol and the leather is now the same color as under the collar and in the pockets. A nice russet brown and surprisingly soft and supple for 60+ years. Some wear in the shoulder area and a couple of holes to deal with. The downside is the Lexol seems to have released some latent body odor trapped in the dry leather. I will let it air out for some time and do some fabreeze and/or vinegar treatments to the arm pits to move things along. The G1 will have to tide me over the Winter. Thanks everyone for the advise.

Here are some pics.

IMG_3473.jpg

IMG_3476.jpg

IMG_3480.jpg

IMG_3475.jpg

IMG_3479.jpg

IMG_3477.jpg

IMG_3478.jpg

Roughwear

What an improvement! I have owned several jackets from this contract over the years. Sometimes the hh Cable Raincoat used is prone to rot and flaking. It looks like there is a section of rot on the upper back and cracking on the collar fold. It will make a great display item. Enjoy it.

bazelot

The seller overlooked a few details about the condition of the leather. Overall it's a great jacket thought and the history that comes with it is nice. I would not wear it though.

dmar836

I wouldn't wear it either. I would, however, show the heck out of it. It displays well for sure!
Dave

alfanator

dmar836 said:
I wouldn't wear it either. I would, however, show the heck out of it. It displays well for sure!
Dave

Yes, i will try to get it to wearable state the leather is actually quite sturdy, otherwise I will just re-sell or trade for a more wearable one.