• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just spotted a Cable Raincoat Type A-2 Jacket...on GW sale page...

Chandler

Not just a case of shortening. The sleeve pattern/diameter reduces as you move to the wrist. Not a simple task.
I seem to remember a long time ago John told me he had a good method for shortening sleeves and keeping the taper -- but it *was* a long time ago.

Dany McDonald

Oh I get it now, you want keep the diameter of the wrist hole, while shortening the length of the sleeve witch is taper, so a reconstruction of the sleeve is required to stay in-pattern.

ausreenactor

I think this is a measure-fail by a customer. Possibly incorporating the knot
I seem to remember a long time ago John told me he had a good method for shortening sleeves and keeping the taper -- but it *was* a long time ago.

I am sure John could do it.... he made it. He can modify it. Not sure if he could afford to do it at a cut rate cost on a $700 test jacket...

Micawber

Front length 24" and back 26.5" plus the sleeve length make me think this was made for a somewhat taller individual.

Screenshot_20210430-155608~2.png