• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

John Connor's jacket in Terminator Salvation

indigo_junkie

I just saw Terminator Salvation today (not as bad as I thought it would be considering the reviews), and I had a little mark-out moment when I noticed what John Connor was wearing. It's on the teaser poster (not the actual release poster), and it's actually what he wears in the movie.

terminator_salvation_john_connor_po.jpg

I was thinking it's too slim to be a B3, so maybe a B6, but the B6 doesn't have the double straps. Any ideas on the maker? In the credits, they had something like 6 wardrobe people specifically hired to "weather" all the clothing and equipment used in the movie.

Some other movie stills:

terminator-bale-66011.jpg

On this one, you can almost make out the shape of the zipper and snaps.

terminator_2_picture_3-535x300.jpg

Stills from the deleted scenes (to be added to the DVD release)

t4del12-05.jpg

No map pocket...

t4del01-01.jpg

John Lever

It's a B-3 with the collar chopped off at the straps. Jackets worn by other cast members are by Belstaff.

Chandler

Awful thin looking B-3.

He had to be roasting too, if it was a true B-3. Maybe that's why he was so surly during production! :D

Chandler

better duck

Chandler said:
Awful thin looking B-3.

He had to be roasting too, if it was a true B-3. Maybe that's why he was so surly during production! :D

Chandler
Indeed, quarter inch fleece at the most, if not thinner. So if a B3 than a intensely modified one: I'd say: B3 as starting point, artistic (wardrobe artist) licence.

rich

better duck said:
Chandler said:
Awful thin looking B-3.

Chandler
Indeed, quarter inch fleece at the most, if not thinner. So if a B3 than a intensely modified one: I'd say: B3 as starting point, artistic (wardrobe artist) licence.

Gets my vote, lacked the bulk of a B-3 IMO. Entertaining hokum nonetheless ...... :D

indigo_junkie

So do you think it was a B3 and then converted? Or a B6 that they added an extra collar strap to? I thought it was pretty slim for a B3 as well. If they made the jacket from scratch as some kind of shearling flight jacket homage, why did the wardrobe people bother with the collar snaps (if Connor was going to wear it up all the time)? Love the weathering, really looks as though it's gone through a war. Have to agree that Christian Bale would have been roasting. Didn't they film this in New Mexico (and not say up north where a heavy jacket would be more appropriate)? ;)

Curahee

better duck said:
Chandler said:
Awful thin looking B-3.

Chandler

B-3 21st century style.......you know "I'll be back" :cool:

MikeyB-17

I doubt they made it from scratch-my guess is they butchered a mall jacket 'B-3'. It's got the collar straps and the snaps in the right places, appears to have side straps, but I can't see a map pocket. Seems to have rank tabs, but they look like they've been stuck down. Looks like a mall jacket zip, too, and, as has been noted, shearling looks too thin. I actually quite like it with the collar removed-anybody ever see pics of WWII aircrew doing that?

Chandler

I don't know if I've ever seen a mall B-3 with the collar snap, but then I don't pay a whole lot of attention. It also seems to have rank tabs -- either sewn or glued flat. But yeah, the zip is an ugly detail that should have been taken care of!

Chandler

bob capa

speaking of jackets worn by john connor in terminator movies, what jacket is he wearing at the start of T3? when he stacks his bike. looks to be an A2 of sorts albeit a dodgy looking one. Any ideas?