• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's minus 10 degrees C so what are you wearing ?

Peter Graham

a2jacketpatches said:
I'm thinking of you all while cleaning up a fine condition N-2B that I found yesterday in a SoCal estate sale. It has been worn a bit, but probably not here. I'll post some photos in Nylon some time later today.
Looking forward to that. A sorely neglected jacket on the forum.

m444uk

I was up in London a couple of weeks back and noticed the cherry trees along the road were in bloom. A terrible waste of energy as there are no insects around and it's currently snowing.
Some of the roses in my garden in rural Somerset are also flowering, fooled by the mild temperatures during the first half of Winter.

Jason

82 degrees F or 28 degrees C here yesterday, which is quite warm for us, too warm for even an L-2A. I have a rule: if the temp hits 30 degrees, I wear my Hawaiian shirts, much to the disdain of my daughters!

dadgad

Peter Graham said:
a2jacketpatches said:
I'm thinking of you all while cleaning up a fine condition N-2B that I found yesterday in a SoCal estate sale. It has been worn a bit, but probably not here. I'll post some photos in Nylon some time later today.
Looking forward to that. A sorely neglected jacket on the forum.

N-2Bs are great jackets, I recently got an early type from a fellow member, refurbished a bit and really enjoying it, one of the best finds ever.

fleet16b

Here in Ontario Canada, we have been having an unusually mild winter, all week it has hovered around 4-7 deg c , so I have wearing my 1947 G-1
We had some cold days a few weeks ago and my two Irvins were in use but they are not getting the work out they usually get :(
As for the 1936 pattern boots, not enough snow to need them :cry:
If the warm temps keep up, I'll be able to use my Goodwear A1 which is scheduled to arrive this Mon -Tues :D

grommet

64 degrees here - wearing a flannel shirt. At the train station awaiting the arrival of my new GW RW 27752.

deand

31 degrees F and my A-2 does the trick, even with a short sleeve shirt underneath. The clerical collar goes well with it to boot!

dean

Ian C

I can usually wear an A2 all winter. I just walk faster if it gets a bit nippy to keep the circulation going. If it gets really cold, then it's a G1 because I can get more layers underneath.
Because it snowed yesterday and I can't drive anywhere because despite all the driver aids and other modern improvements; most people can't drive in it anymore, I will be wearing my para smock and taking the boys out for a snowball fight.

Ian

Geir

We've had about minus 20 centigrade for a few days, but now it's just -4. So I've been wearing my 1944 Eastman Irvin or B-3 with a wool sweater underneath to work, but when I go out in the evening to walk the dogs (who are dressed up in fleece coats) I do sensible thing and wear a quilted overall — winter wear for construction workers — nothing beats this.