• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It’s Time To Get Back To Our Roots.

B-Man2

When I first joined the forum original military jackets were being posted, discussed or sold about 3 or 4 times a week .
We’ve gotten away from that over the years and are pretty much into repros. Theres no one to blame or any reason for this, other than people who owned originals have come and gone and we as a forum have evolved and move on to other areas of collecting , such as repros. I consider myself fortunate to have owned a number of originals and while I’ve sold a few off over the years, I still have a few that I can share with you guys in an effort to keep the vintage portion of VLJ alive .
Many of you have seen this one before but if your like must here, you’ll enjoy seeing it again . It’s a mint Star Sportswear Size 48 (rare) . I posted enough photos so you can compare it to your repro stars and see where they are spot on and where they fall short of the mark . I hope you guys enjoy checking it out .
IMG_2332.jpeg
IMG_2333.jpeg
IMG_2331.jpeg
IMG_2334.jpeg
IMG_2335.jpeg
IMG_2336.jpeg
IMG_2337.jpeg
IMG_2338.jpeg
IMG_2339.jpeg
IMG_2340.jpeg

Chandler

Marc Weinshenker has an original Star on Acme Depot. It's obviously been worn a little more than Burt's item because it shows some pretty cool patina.

So that said, I think Burt needs to wear his Star a little more. ;)

Lord Flashheart

More to come Jan … it’s a shame to have them just sitting in a chest and not sharing them to the extent that I can on VLJ . Hopefully others will join in .
Thank you for sharing your Star Burt, that really is something to covet and, even better, a great contract :)

For all the reasons discussed here there has been drift. Whilst repro's do have their place as originals become rarer and more delicate that's all the more reason for us to share, appreciate and discuss them.