• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

incredible AVG in china photo collection

PeterShiao

if you have free time to enjoy these old photo . well enjoy it !!AVG in china
Weigle.jpg

Smithy

It would be very odd to tuck an A-2 into what appear to be service pants. What gets me is that if it is tucked into his pants shouldn't there be a very visible bulge on the (his left) side of his pants? if you stuff the bottom knit et al into your pants it should show.

I think he's "tunnelled" the waist knit or even turned it up under the jacket on his left side for some reason.

Micawber

As an aside... Was there not a "thing" discussed here or elsewhere regarding a few pictures of pilots or crews who had tucked the waistbands of their A-2's back under the body of the jacket in some photos presumably as some kind of signal of belonging or individualism?

Maybe I dreamt it.

mulceber

As an aside... Was there not a "thing" discussed here or elsewhere regarding a few pictures of pilots or crews who had tucked the waistbands of their A-2's back under the body of the jacket in some photos presumably as some kind of signal of belonging or individualism?

Maybe I dreamt it.
Definitely. Can't remember where, but there's a photo of Hap Arnold wearing his A-2 like that.