• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I dread to think how much I've spent...

w1rc

It is just like any hobby........I am also an amateur radio operator. I like 1950s vintage military radios and 1960s commercial gear made by Collins Radio Co. which was the ultimate US-made HF radio equipment. (The appropriate tie-in is that Collins made aviation radio equipment for military amd commercial aircraft). When we were first married my wife used to complain to her father, also a ham radio enthusiast, that “he is always down in tne basement working on a radio.” Her father told her: “well, at least you know where he is and what he is doing!”

917_k

Pretty new to collecting flight jackets (collected militaria as a kid), and already spent a small fortune that could have otherwise been invested in something else, but then I don't spend money on things like Sky TV, expensive phone contracts, the latest Iphone etc etc.

By the way, I'm 30 and there's plenty who are younger and still interested in this stuff.