• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How's the Fit?

So I picked up this ELC B-10 a while back and I can't decide whether it's a decent fit. The jacket is a size 48 and I'm wondering if I might do better with a 46. The sleeves tunnel as you can see, and there seems to be a good deal of room in the lower torso. On the other hand I've only had leather jackets before this and don't really know what to expect in a B-10 fit. Any opinions? Sorry for the sour-faced photos, they were taken with a timer and that sort of thing never really works out for the best. :oops:

IMG_2705.jpg

IMG_2704.jpg

Peter Graham

Rick, the fit looks spot on. B-10's aren't meant to be trim fitting, to allow for layering. OK, the arms are maybe a tiny bit long but it's hard to get everything perfect. After all, we're all different.

Thanks Peter. Yeah, one thing that is just right is the torso length. I do worry that I'd wind up with a jacket that's too short in the body with a 46.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
I thought it was the same picture twice, but now I see, one has thumbs. :)

Yeah, that's kind of how the ELC looks, a little longer, and pouchier, than the Buzz, for example. I can't really see the shoulder fit, but it looks like you're good to go ...

If you're planning on keeping it long term, and the sleeves are a bother, you can always shorten.

USMC_GAU-21

Think it fits right on. Pete was right on it is not a form fitting garment, and you would have a wool shirt on, possibly a tie, heavy undershirt etc...but I think it fits ya great.

r- Gy Dan

zoomer

Looks right on the money - comfortable but not sloppy.

You'll be glad of that extra sleeve length when driving or active outdoors in winter - I know I am.

Weasel_Loader

I too agree that it looks fine. Seems you've got plenty of room for a heavy sweat shirt under the jacket if needed.

I just got my size 44 ECL B-10 yesterday and was surprised how well it fit as I thought I might need a 46. By far the best fitting flight jacket I have yet to own and that's even considering CWU-45s! ;)