• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How good are buzz rickson a2 leather jackets

mindful

HI chaps im thinking of buying a new leather and like the buzz rickson a2 jackets alot i always find there jackets fit me really well but never brought a buzz a2 and wondered if they are worth looking into as i cant wait on a goodwear leather,plus i have one GW which im more than happy with.

FlyingYankee

You already have the best. If you can buy a Buzz Rickson cheap then buy it. A Buzz Rickson is a very good Jacket. It is not better than a Goodwear.

B-Man2

Why not consider a previously owned Good Wear?
Notice I didn't say used.
When dealing with Mercedes Benz or Lexus, the term used is "Previously Owned"
IMO Good Wear is the top of the line in A2's so I think previously owned is appropriate. :cool:

bseal

Nah, I've owned a Buzz A-2 and it was terrific. Super high quality and they retain their value.

ausreenactor

bseal said:
Nah, I've owned a Buzz A-2 and it was terrific. Super high quality and they retain their value.

If you can pick up a BR for under $750 you will be impressed. There are few moving cheaply on Yahoo Japan from time to time. Hard to find though in sizes 42 or 44 though. I have two at the moment. Would go with a BK or a good used GW though these days...

Couchy

mindful

yeah i would love another used goodwear like my dubow 1755, it would be the my first option in a 42 but they don't come up often in my size and i really want a aero contract with the red knits that's a sweet combo, ive seen buzz make aero contracts but quit pricey, i will have look on the yahoo Japan only thing is they don't always send overseas :?:

John Lever

bseal said:
Agree,I have owned A-1 and B-2's both superb. They use very nice leather. I sold my A-1 to a high end collector of originals in California,he thinks it's the best leather ever seen. If they ever use Capeskin I think it could be the benchmark.

John Lever

asiamiles said:
John Lever said:
If they ever use Capeskin I think it could be the benchmark.
The most recent Buzz A-1 was cape.
Hi Miles great to have you posting again. Well thanks for the heads up !
Presumably that was last year ? If you have any photos or links that would be good.
Ian...??

ausreenactor

mindful said:
yeah i would love another used goodwear like my dubow 1755, it would be the my first option in a 42 but they don't come up often in my size and i really want a aero contract with the red knits that's a sweet combo, ive seen buzz make aero contracts but quit pricey, i will have look on the yahoo Japan only thing is they don't always send overseas :?:

I have a BNWT 'Aero' with a decal in the 42. The dollar is falling so I might be inclined to sell. Not there for five months (OEF XIII) but if you are happy to wait? Cheaper than a BK too..I insist..

Couchy

mindful

ausreenactor said:
mindful said:

I have a BNWT 'Aero' with a decal in the 42. The dollar is falling so I might be inclined to sell. Not there for five months (OEF XIII) but if you are happy to wait? Cheaper than a BK too..I insist..

Couchy
Couchy what jacket is that your talking about do you have some pics

ausreenactor

mindful said:
ausreenactor said:
mindful said:

Couchy
Couchy what jacket is that your talking about do you have some pics

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13510&hilit=buzz+rickson+aero

Not to many people commented on it, as it was not a GW and they were pretty much all that was getting put up as new acquisitions at that time. Now BKs appear to be the majority of new jacket buys, for whatever reason that may be. Great jacket, as stated BNWT and not worn.

Couchy

bseal

I like it, a little grain on the hide would have been nice, but Buzz Rickson did a solid on this ideration.

asiamiles

John Lever said:
To me it looks disappointing, not sure of the colour or the pockets.
The colour is supposed to reflect the (specified?) "Olive" colour rather than the more green interpretation of Lost Worlds.

zoomer

Didn't that turn out to be a mixup with the Navy 37J1A and B? (The OD bedford cord jackets?)