• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HI I AM A NEWBIE HERE-BUT HAVE A WEALTH OF INFO & QUESTIONS

nickgp

hi -i am very new here-i have 18 repro jackets-all high quality-research is my forte- i have read -HELL BENT FOR LEATHER-GEAR UP AND OTHER INFO SOURCES AND STILL WONDER WHAT ACTUAL TEAM OF PEOPLE SAT DOWN AND INVENTED THE A-1,A-2,B2,B3 ETC. IS ALL THIS LOST IN HISTORY-WHAT I AM ASKING IS WHAT TEAM OF PEOPLE SENTOUT THE MFG. REQUIREMENTS TO SECURITY AVIATION TOGGS AND WERBER AND THE OTHER INITIAL MANUFACTURERS
ALSO I AM SO HAPPY TO BE HERE AND AM 56 YRS OLD AND AFTER 10 YRS OF SPORATIC RESEARCH WOULD LIKE TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF SOME QUESTIONS -AT ONE TIME I DID CONTACT THE GOV DEPT FOR BUYING JACKETS FROM MANUFACTURERS AND I RECEIVED ALL OF THE SPECS(CURRENT) FOR THE G-1 iS IT NOT POSSIBLE TO GO BACK IN HISTORY AND GET THE SPECS FOR THE A-1-A-2 AND OTHER JACKETS?? MY NAME IS NICK LAGREGA AND I WOULD LIKE TO DO A LOT MORE THAN JUST WONDER ABOUT THESE THINGS-I WEAR ALL MY COATS RELIGIOUSLY-ANJ-4--B-3 -M422-A-2'S-G1'S AND ALSO HAVE 2-G-8'S WHICH WE KNOW ARE OF INVENTED STATUS YET GORGEOUS AND VERY VERY FUNCTIONAL--LOOKING FORWARD TO DISCUSSING ALL THIS-BY THE WAY I HAVE A FRIEND THAT HAD SOME 11"CROWN ZIPPERS AND HE BUILT A HORSE HIDE A-2 VEST (DUBOW STYLE) DOWN TO FIT THE ZIPPER-IT HAS THE EPAULETTES BUT NO COLLAR I ALSO HAVE SOME SOME CROWN AND OTER ZIPS IN PROPER SIZES LETS TALK!!

A

Anonymous

Welcome aboard but it might be nicer if you introduced yourself a little first before bombarding us with all these questions in CAPS without doing a little research yourself to see if any of your questions can be answered with what is already on here ! Easy Tiger !

You might also find the recommended reading a good place to start for things like specs as there are several books (some of which I have) that give you all those answers.

Pull yourself up a comfy chair and peruse the pages. There's loads of good stuff on here and plenty of helpful and knowledgeable people. See you on the topics pages.

Dave :D

John Lever

Welcome to the forum.
There are some very knowledgeable people here who I am sure can answer all these questions and more, in time.

T-Bolt

Welcome Nick,

I hope you enjoy the forum alot and I believe you will find answers to many of your jacket questions. Do you have any photos of any of your jackets?? Which of the repro manufacturers do you like the most?

Ted

Burnsie

HHjackets said:
welcome to the forum! i think areo make the best jackets and worth every penny!

nickgp said:
.... AT ONE TIME I DID CONTACT THE GOV DEPT FOR BUYING JACKETS FROM MANUFACTURERS AND I RECEIVED ALL OF THE SPECS(CURRENT) FOR THE G-1 ....

check out this thread, nice photos on navy jackets.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=752&start=30

Are you saying...gasp...that nickgp AND dr. zak live in....Spain?

HHjackets

Burnsie said:
HHjackets said:
welcome to the forum! i think areo make the best jackets and worth every penny!

nickgp said:
.... AT ONE TIME I DID CONTACT THE GOV DEPT FOR BUYING JACKETS FROM MANUFACTURERS AND I RECEIVED ALL OF THE SPECS(CURRENT) FOR THE G-1 ....

check out this thread, nice photos on navy jackets.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=752&start=30

Are you saying...gasp...that nickgp AND dr. zak live in....Spain?

me! never!

A

Anonymous

It crossed my mind the instant I read it. Caps and the kooky way it was written. AND the timing of course. And no follow-on post ???????

Somebody can't live with us and can't live without us ?? ;)

Oh well, innocent 'til proven guilty I suppose.

Dave :D

mazeta

caps-lock.jpg

nickgp

Sorry but after being a member for quite some time I finally opened my e-mail address from my cable provider and re-registered so i can now enter--the rib -rack from lost worlds is very nice on the G-1-also on the US authentic G-1.I have a beautiful M-422a from flight suits(now gibson and barnes)the cuffs and waist bands were a little thin so they sent me rib-rack replacements that were a little heavier-I apologize for my punctuation and misusage of caps but my spelling is usually ok-I don't have as much time as i like to spend with my coats and zip collection so you will have to give me a little time to settle in here-My first post was done very late in the evening and i was just trying to elaborate on my interest in flight jackets because it is a field where if you started explaining some of it to someone that was not familiar like i have been doing for 8 years it doesn't go very far (if you will). These jackets were born out of necessity and the house styles that came about are the ultimate in creativity. I am also a big FORMULA ONE fan and have been to almost all european circuits and others-my other hobbies are pre-and post war blues music-and ancient history (mostly the life and times of Antony and Cleopatra Vll -their statues-their coinage and what is known about their political and private lives. When I first re-registered and got onto forum I blurted out the newbie thing-I do have 3 huge folders of info on jackets but it needs to be well sorted-Thank you so much for letting me join and one other scattered thing I would Like to share is when you wear a B-3 in a snow storm with the collar up and both straps fastened across it it places you in your own little world of warmth even with only a tee-shirt underneath.Nick

nickgp

Oh also I am from Long Island NY-I live in the house I was born in and I missed the reply thing about being from Spain-I have been to Barcelona 3 times-and to the Spanish Grand Prix-Spain is One of Europes best kept secrets-My ancestors came from Italy(Montesano Sulla Marcellana) just South of Rome in 1868 and settled in Queens NY and in 1934 moved out to Long Island-You said you wanted to know a little about and now have made me babble-Nick

MikeyB-17

Hi Nick, and welcome-the references to Spain are to do with a former member here, now resident in that country. He was ejected from the forum more than once, and apparently has attempted to get back in under false names. It's not unusual for newbies to be suspected of being him, attempting to infiltrate the forum again. Nothing personal to you I'm sure, and it seems fairly obvious now that you aren't him, so don't worry about all this stuff, and just enjoy the forum. Blues music, eh? I play in a blues/R'n'B band myself, and there's a few other blues lovers here. Formula one, well, I used to be into that, but nowadays give me the MotoGP any day of the week.

jacketimp

MikeyB-17 said:
Hi Nick, and welcome-the references to Spain are to do with a former member here, now resident in that country. He was ejected from the forum more than once, and apparently has attempted to get back in under false names. It's not unusual for newbies to be suspected of being him, attempting to infiltrate the forum again. Nothing personal to you I'm sure, and it seems fairly obvious now that you aren't him, so don't worry about all this stuff, and just enjoy the forum. Blues music, eh? I play in a blues/R'n'B band myself, and there's a few other blues lovers here. Formula one, well, I used to be into that, but nowadays give me the MotoGP any day of the week.

i guess the members are still spooked but i'm sure bill would have vetted all newbies thru their ISPs........

Burnsie

OK, where are my manners - welcome aboard Nick! I'm fairly new here myself. Looking forward to some pics of your collection and shared knowledge!