• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help for a tanker jacket

ausreenactor

Couchy, how much dineros would you take for the BR Tanker? Asking for a friend ;)
They are $445 plus shipping at HPA in the US. Would do it for $365 shipped.. tracking etc...

Have a 44 in Mildura that is brand new if you need a bigger one... And 42 and 44 in Second pattern... and a BR M-41 in a 44R..

Griffon_301

I tried a 2nd pattern BR once in a size 42 and it felt OK for me as they seem to be cut like Deck jackets...
If the 1st pattern is cut the same, then a 42 would fit just as well I guess...
I will think about it, discuss with my she-who-must-be-obeyed and let you know ;)

Micawber

I thank in advance those who can help me. I wanted to buy a Tankers 1st jacket and with patches and chevrons as from the Fury movie and among all those that you reviewed here from my personal point of view the most faithful is that of SM wholesale USA (which never answer :mad:!!!) my doubt is on the American size not conforming to my Italian sizes. I'm 190cm tall, chest 120cm, I don't like the too loose fit. What size would you recommend? can anyone help me since SM does not answer me? Ps I have already asked a forumer who owned it a while ago but unfortunately no longer owns it. Thx

So, 190cm tall equates to 6ft 2 3/4 inches and a 120cm chest equates to 47 inches?

Now, is that the actual chest size, tape touching your body around the chest just below the armpits?

In very general terms - but this is far from a hard and fast rule - Imperial sizes include an allowance that ensures the garment will be a wearable and comfortable fit. When being measured up by a decent, traditional tailor he / she will factor in the allowance by placing fingers under the tape between it and the chest, so a 44 inch chest will show nearer 46 on the tape. This is why I ask if the chest measurement you state is with the tape tight against the body or otherwise.

The above is a crucial factor when it comes to buying off the peg [ready made garments].

EnricoBrun

You finally convinced me, I got a new Buzz, empty :Dbut the most gallon patch kit from SM Wholesale! I must also have the grenade ring !!! :p

mulceber

I don't think you'll regret buying one of their jackets, @EnricoBrun . Buzz Rickson has a well-earned reputation for making first-rate products. Every person I've ever seen who's bought one has raved about the quality. Post some pics when you get it! :)

mulceber

I offered you the 42 for less than that!

Couchy, keep in mind, Enrico’s new here, and he doesn’t know you from Adam. If I was a newby on the board, I know I wouldn’t send $400 to a complete stranger in another country. Buying a new one from an established business makes a lot of sense for him.

EnricoBrun

believe me it is the best price (with the size I need) on the whole web, very kind seller, he sent me measurements and photos of all kinds! if I bought in Europe or directly from Buzz I paid a lot more. Then it's normal, you have a better chance of finding them at a lower price, a bit like we Italians have low-cost pasta :)

mulceber

Yeah, to judge by the photos of the film jacket, a medium tan thread should be good:
3d654002-1525-4bca-b1a4-69da62440d44-png.65744