• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help for a tanker jacket

EnricoBrun

I thank in advance those who can help me. I wanted to buy a Tankers 1st jacket and with patches and chevrons as from the Fury movie and among all those that you reviewed here from my personal point of view the most faithful is that of SM wholesale USA (which never answer :mad:!!!) my doubt is on the American size not conforming to my Italian sizes. I'm 190cm tall, chest 120cm, I don't like the too loose fit. What size would you recommend? can anyone help me since SM does not answer me? Ps I have already asked a forumer who owned it a while ago but unfortunately no longer owns it. Thx

ausreenactor

I have a BR First Pattern here. 2nd Armd patch already fitted. Just need the chevrons.. which I have loose...

mulceber

Yeah, I'd follow @ausreenactor's lead on this. There are probably some better options than SM Wholesale. SMW may be most accurate to the movie, but others will be more accurate to the original jackets from WW2. I'd give Buzz Rickson a try. They're generally about as close as you can get when it comes to accuracy. Eastman is their main distributor in Europe. Check them out:

EnricoBrun

yes I've seen them, crazy prices, and completely wrong patch stitching! they must be cross-shaped not"zig zag".

ausreenactor

Can do better than £425 as well...

16296879773767725467989440733291.jpg
16296879987931951863706049064176.jpg
1629688013964982635691310102722.jpg

Brettafett

Buzz would be your call if you're after 'authenticity'...
But I can vouch for Bob Dong and Bronson. Both of these make good quality, affordable repros.

Have you seen Bronson's 'Fury' version?

Bob Dong's version

I have an ATF Tanker that I wear a lot. OK, its not 100% authentic in terns off 'authentic' detailing, but its a very comfortable jacket none-the-less.

EnricoBrun

thank you for all your answers :), yes I have seen all the jackets of all brands and the one that comes closest to the film (stitching details, grenade ring, etc.) is SM Wholesale, my initial question was this: which one jacket size measuring 62 cm from armpit to armpit should I take in your opinion? I don't like the too loose fit. Thanks

London Cabbie

I really happy with my Taxi Driver MKII Bronson.
1273A922-6351-4120-B344-1EA3270B4038.jpeg

ausreenactor

thank you for all your answers :), yes I have seen all the jackets of all brands and the one that comes closest to the film (stitching details, grenade ring, etc.) is SM Wholesale, my initial question was this: which one jacket size measuring 62 cm from armpit to armpit should I take in your opinion? I don't like the too loose fit. Thanks
If you just want to work out what size SM Wholesale jacket... just wait for them to get back to you...

Patches and rank are miles off the movie jacket. but its your money..

EnricoBrun

you're wrong, that's what comes closest !! compare with the real jacket of the film sold at auction: look at the x seams in the same color as the chevrons, the cloth fabric that covers the patch ... Buzz R can go to sleep peacefully ☺️

Attachments

• 3D654002-1525-4BCA-B1A4-69DA62440D44.png
    3D654002-1525-4BCA-B1A4-69DA62440D44.png
    7.8 MB · Views: 527
  • C888086D-7CAE-48F2-9CE7-CCFAE9D3106C.jpeg
    C888086D-7CAE-48F2-9CE7-CCFAE9D3106C.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 191

EnricoBrun

anyone have experiences with oriental Max Cady store? their reproduction looks good apart from the too-electric blue chevrons

Chandler

I really happy with my Taxi Driver MKII Bronson.
View attachment 65722
How does it fit the shoulder holster for the S&W model 29? ;)

ausreenactor

you're wrong, that's what comes closest !! compare with the real jacket of the film sold at auction: look at the x seams in the same color as the chevrons, the cloth fabric that covers the patch ... Buzz R can go to sleep peacefully ☺️
The 'original h'as 14 X stitches down the side of the 2nd Armored patch. SM Wholesale has 11 with massive gaps.

If you are happy with a sub standard sewing job on a sub standard reproduction, fill your boots.

As many have said, patch your own WWII Impressions, Buzz Rickson or Real McCoy Tanker and don't look like a FARB with junk patches. The X stitching is easy...

16297734320023356441556730085768.jpg
1629773472984808184134541414701.jpg

EnricoBrun

I have to look at the best ones that are more similar to the film, not to history ... SM closest, there is no doubt

mulceber

SM closest, there is no doubt

I think @ausreenactor just raised some pretty serious doubts about SM's accuracy to the film jacket. You should re-read his post (post #16).

At this point, I think everyone's spinning their wheels. You came in already set on buying one very specific jacket, complained that the company wasn't responding to your emails, and asked us to solve your fit question. Nobody here has answered that question, and people here are generally quite happy to share information, so I suspect it's because we don't know. So we suggested alternatives instead. If you're hell bent on the SM jacket (and I think you should re-read the above critique of its accuracy to the film jacket), then either wait for SM to respond to your email or write to them again.

ausreenactor

Here is the stitching on the Buzz Rickson 'War Daddy' version.

You will see the 14 stitches, just like the screen version. I count 14 on the Buzz Ricskon (matches the screen jacket), 11 on the SM Wholesale. There is no doubt what serious collectors would consider a decent reproduction. Buy a standard SM Wholesale jacket and do it yourself if you want it close to the Fury jacket. Don't be a sap with more money than sense. (Wonder what Raph is up to these days?).

Here is the BR version..

20210824_153901.jpg