• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GW RW 18091 and some new photos-6th June

Roughwear

John had this jacket on Ebay earlier in the week. It is new, but the lining had pulled slightly at the neck and cost significantly less than the new selling price. It's a generous size 42. The zipper is a NOS Talon. I have been on the look out for this contract for some time so when this one appeared I hit the button! Here are some pics and I'll post more when it arrives later in the week.

image_02.jpg

image_03.jpg

image_07.jpg

image_08.jpg

image_09.jpg

image_10.jpg

image_12.jpg

image_13.jpg

image_15.jpg

image_17.jpg

The picture below shows the slight pulling to the lining at the neck which John has repaired.
image_18.jpg

image_04.jpg

watchmanjimg

Re: GW RW 18091

I've personally inspected this jacket and I think you did well. The lining issue is trivial in my opinion. It was a little snug on me and I simply prefer horse A-2s over goat, otherwise I would probably have kept it. Enjoy!

Roughwear

John's goatskin is outstanding, with considerable character. The defect on the collar certainly looks very minor.

Silver Dollar

Now that's what I call a nice jacket. I'm not that fond of goatskin but that one is a beauty. I wouldn't mind owning one like that.

A

Anonymous

Looks very nice Andrew. I had a strong hankering for one of those GW goats until I got my ELC Cable goat anyways. :)

To my relatively uneducated eye they look identical, certainly the hides do. Having seen both and having a keener eye than I do, could you give a bit of a comparison please ?

Cheers,
Dave

Silver Surfer

both grant and i have this gw contract, and both of us are extremely happy with ours. i am sure that you will be as well, andrew. it breaks in beautifully, and in no time, it will look like the real deal. john nails it on this one. if you are lucky, you have the later knits, as the the earlier knits that he used are ng. wrong weight, wrong color, and no elasticity. the newer knits [from over seas] are aok.

Roughwear

Silver Surfer said:
as i understand it, rmnz

True. The jacket arrived two days ago and is a great fit. I'm delighted with it. The goatskin is as close as you will get today to original A2s from this contract.

Roughwear

I have had the jacket for over a week now and it is getting quite a bit of wear. Here are some photos to give you an idea of the fit of this RW contract.

001-53.jpg

002-62.jpg

003-64.jpg

dujardin

look greattttttttttt on you Andrew

my daughter say thanks for the large smile ;)

byeeeeee marcel

shiloh

Roughwear said:
I have had the jacket for over a week now and it is getting quite a bit of wear. Here are some photos to give you an idea of the fit of this RW contract.

001-53.jpg

002-62.jpg

003-64.jpg

Great jacket Andrew. Wonderful hide and great fit. Is there a lot of difference between this type of goatskin or the later version goatskin ELC used on their Cable Raincoat. Can you tell me the differences between the both of them. JC an ELC. Thickness, grain etc. I must say, it looks a bit like the ELC able Raincoat you sold.

Thanks,

Shiloh

Roughwear

It is a very comfortable jacket. I find the fit better than the ELC goatskin Cable. The goatskin is similar to leather used by ELC, but it is more supple and the correct colour for the RW contract. All the details are correct on the RW whilst the ELC Cable is a fine jacket, but the collar is too small and the use of glue to stick down the excess leather for the under arm seams is not correct IMO. You don't find this technique used on originals or on GWs. The correct spec label is used by JC whilst ELC use the hh label for the goatskin jacket.