• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GW Modoc

bretron

Man, I'm really really digging the 40s/50s vibe and details of this one

front_view2.jpg

reverse_view1.jpg

front_view3.jpg

Anyone slapped down a deposit on one yet?? :D

devilish

I like that the zipper doesn't go all the way to the bottom. It adds a little 'give' like leaving the bottom button on a vest undone. As well as being period correct.

ButteMT61

zhz44 said:
So, JC is expanding his civil jacket line now?
oh, really nice jacket of course.

I think it makes perfect sense. Lots of folks want repop vintage jackets, but hate the mil repops. Some just hate knits. Whatever the reason, nobody is making a better jacket than JC right now. I hope he decides to make more - they are stunning.

Dr H

I've just put an order in for one of these and I'll liaise with John over the coming months to settle on the specifications.

I prefer lighter weight jackets (I'm not a fan of heavy steer or heavy horsehide) and generally prefer a well pebbled goat or lighter weight horsehide that will show some wear. I'd prefer a darker jacket (not black) so it's likely to be a very dark russet or a seal.

I don't like tartan (or strong thread contrasts), so it'll be a more subdued lining.

Does anybody have any experience with this jacket to offer advice on colour/hide combinations?

Thanks

Dr H

Thanks John, how does Vincenza compare with Shinki (from somebody who knows little about horsehide)?

John Lever

Dr H said:
Thanks John, how does Vincenza compare with Shinki (from somebody who knows little about horsehide)?
If it's Vincenza, I have some here for you to see, Denny Calder sent me some.

Dr H

Thanks John, I'll take you up on that - I need to get a feel for the weight of it versus goat.