• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GW Cable Raincoat

Bewear88

Should clarify - no connection to seller. I am thinking about bidding - looks like horween (nice grain to the leather). No nothing about the contract or other details.

Micawber

Should clarify - no connection to seller. I am thinking about bidding - looks like horween (nice grain to the leather). No nothing about the contract or other details.

You will be building quite a collection in a short space of time.

Bewear88

Well it turns out this is probably not a JC made jacket. Still a nice jacket though, but after trying Blackrat’s Poughkeepsie I am on the look out for another JC A-2 (really one of the nicest items of clothing I have seen.

Juanito

FFS, the jacket shows up again...

That is my old jacket Diamond Dave made for me.

It has been mis-marketed as Good Wear multiple times and discussed at length here...

Last edited:

Juanito

Nope, not Horween horse. Chrome tanned steerhide with a very thin, kind of funky aniline finish that was almost "antique" like as it looked cracked.
Could well be a DD A-2 … they are quite similar.
The DD A-2‘s have markings inside on the arms liner.
Yes, it is a DD jacket.

Juanito

He's still in Tulsa and has primarily gone back to what he's always done--photography. Howl Photographic mostly taking photo for Rockabilly type bands.and concerts

He has also gone back to making hats, but primarily camouflage bucket hats. Vagabond Dandy.

Here's his Linked In profile which oddly states his business failed due to COVID. I think it went sideways for other reasons before COVID, but I haven't talked to him in quite a while: https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-howell-b9b22a217/

Here's his farewell from October 2019: Diamond Clothing Co: Thanks everyone. It’s been a tough year with the loss of my Mom and my biz just dwindling. I’m guessing younger people aren’t taking up the hobby anymore. None of my usual buyers are around anymore, and follow on orders just aren’t happening. Oh well, I was no John Chapman anyway, as was made abundantly clear to me by my naysayers. I feel certain they will have a field day with this announcement."

Last edited:

B-Man2

He's still in Tulsa and has primarily gone back to what he's always done--photography. Howl Photographic mostly taking photo for Rockabilly type bands.and concerts

He has also gone back to making hats, but primarily camouflage bucket hats. Vagabond Dandy.

Here's his Linked In profile which oddly states his business failed due to COVID. I think it went sideways for other reasons before COVID, but I haven't talked to him in quite a while: https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-howell-b9b22a217/

Here's his farewell from October 2019: Diamond Clothing Co: Thanks everyone. It’s been a tough year with the loss of my Mom and my biz just dwindling. I’m guessing younger people aren’t taking up the hobby anymore. None of my usual buyers are around anymore, and follow on orders just aren’t happening. Oh well, I was no John Chapman anyway, as was made abundantly clear to me by my naysayers. I feel certain they will have a field day with this announcement."
I know that he left owning one member here money. I don’t know if it’s ever been resolved, but what a shame that he gave up making jackets. I had a couple that were very nice for the money.

Micawber

Could well be a DD A-2 … they are quite similar.
The DD A-2‘s have markings inside on the arms liner.

Thus...

Diamond Dave stencil.jpeg

Dany McDonald

I know it's too late but I like to say that I always enjoy looking at his work, he had this way of capturing and inputting some original feel into his jackets, IMO....

Oh well, I was no John Chapman anyway

This quote of him can explain what I think gave his work this feel of originality, like the original machinists he was imperfect (but talented) and guided (learned) by a master, John Chapman.

Hope he is well and would consider a comeback.

D