• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GW Bronco: stunning [pics added]

CBI

didn't mean to - it looks GREAT on you. Just one of the few contracts I (me) would stay away from in re a future purchase. Just wanted to warn folks yet there are many very happy Bronco owners out there. I owned John's first piqment dyed Bronco and it was great but it did have the arm thing.

SuinBruin

What part of "I cast thee out" don't you understand? :evil: :lol:

In all seriousness, I appreciate the input; I've looked at a lot of photos of jackets, but I haven't tried that many on, so I am not in any way an expert on fit. How a jacket actually wears should be of primary importance, so anyone considering getting an A-2 should get as much info on this subject as possible. (If you're buying a Good Wear, obviously talking to John is obligatory, and he will give you lots of info on how the patterns are cut and fit.) The more knowledgeable and experienced posters here are a great resource.

The Bronco is a pretty simple pattern, I think, and as such it does not fit as well as others might over a wide range of motion. It doesn't have the inset sleeves of, say, a Star Sportswear, and the body and sleeves are fairly trim, which doesn't provide for much leeway. But I still just love the way it looks -- the quintessential crank 'em out as fast as you can and get 'em on the backs of aviation cadets A-2. And they fit me pretty well, too.

cheers,
matt

EmergencyIan

I'm a slim guy (Good Wear Bronco size 40) and I don't have the issue with my A-2 riding up in that way. Though, John gave me just a little bit of extra room in the armpits. That may make the difference.

Of course, it's still needs to be broken in more. I received it at the beginning of September.

- Ian