• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodwood Collection A2

YoungMedic

This floated across my feed today

MikeyB-17

Close up of the label appears to say ‘Acme Leather Clothing Co.’ , although it’s not clear. Surely Aero would just say ‘Aero’. Only other Scottish leather company I can think of is Simmons Bilt.

Southoftheborder

Probably Simmonds Bilt I would say. They do this sort of collaboration and did one with Barbour and Triumph a couple of years ago. They do make very good and well made jackets with a wide selection of hides; and as far as I know they still have all the old Aero seamstresses who are really good and better IMO than most of Aero's current ones.

But if you want military jacket accuracy they're not for you.

John Lever

Mysterioso. Never Erd of em
Goodwood stages one the biggest motoring events in the world at The Festival of Speed in July then later in September the Revival featuring classic car racing.
It began about 25 years ago at a dinner party when Lord March came up with idea of a race up the driveway to Goodwood House. It has morphed into a huge global event and for a week each year Goodwood airport is the busiest heliport in the world.

Southoftheborder

Bit of a strange choice. People turn up there in civilian period clothing mostly so I would have thought that as Goodwood is now clearly a brand they would go for civilian jackets. Fifties windbreakers like those worn by Mike Hawthorn would seem more the thing.

I looked on the site and found this one reduced from just four thousand of our British pounds....

I wonder if this is Aero as well?

https://shop.goodwood.com/products/goodwood-connolly-deerskin-flying-jacket-brown

YoungMedic

Goodwood stages one the biggest motoring events in the world at The Festival of Speed in July then later in September the Revival featuring classic car racing.
It began about 25 years ago at a dinner party when Lord March came up with idea of a race up the driveway to Goodwood House. It has morphed into a huge global event and for a week each year Goodwood airport is the busiest heliport in the world.
yes i am hoping to make a trip to the Revival one year, i have been following it and the FOS for several years

MikeyB-17

Done the Festival a couple of times but never been to the Revival. Festival was fantastic and I must go again one of these days.

Micawber

The previous owner of my 1943 Jeep used it to ferry pilots to and from the aircraft at the revival.

IMG_0711b.jpg