• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GoodWear RoughWear 27752 as a Cycling Jacket..

PADDY_M

Some of you Gents may have seen these photos (and many more!) already over on Fedora Lounge GREAT OUTDOORS, where I've been kick-starting an old 'vintage bicycle thread' for those of us that love pedalling the lanes and by-ways using one and three speed gears on pre-1950's bicycles :)

I have a 1930's English Triumph Roadster that I use on the roads and some smaller 'rough' tracks (can't go where MTB's go though). It's not bad for an 'auld gal' in her 80's..! In fact, I seem to rattle more than she does on the rides!!

Well, the GW A-2 has come into its' own as a great little cycling jacket (short body allows good uninhibited leg movement; the storm cuffs keep the heat in and the cold out..etc, plus it's light and flexible). I wonder if JC ever thought his jackets would end up doing 'these' sorts of things!!

DSCN9311.jpg

DSCN9313.jpg

DSCN9310.jpg

dujardin

coooooool photos; you've got the right look

your photos in B/W - sépia must have a splendid rendition

PADDY_M

dadgad said:
Hot water treatment?

The 'only' water treatment this jacket has had, has been when I was caught in a rain shower!
As for myself...well, I grab a hot shower every day but still hasn't managed to add any more patina nor character to this old Irish hide of mine..!!!

As with my other jackets, this is just honest to goodness natural wear and tear. Bear in mind this GW jacket is a few years old now and I'm not the first owner (it's far from being spanking new), and it shows in the creases and burnishing and patina it has got, as well as a few battle scars.

unclegrumpy

DSCN9310.jpg

I am not sure I would be smiling if I had a Schnauzer attached to my leg. It looks great with the trousers, but it must make it really hard to peddle....what you guys will do for style never ceases to amaze me! :shock:

dadgad

PADDY_M said:
dadgad said:
Hot water treatment?

The 'only' water treatment this jacket has had, has been when I was caught in a rain shower!
As for myself...well, I grab a hot shower every day but still hasn't managed to add any more patina nor character to this old Irish hide of mine..!!!

As with my other jackets, this is just honest to goodness natural wear and tear. Bear in mind this GW jacket is a few years old now and I'm not the first owner (it's far from being spanking new), and it shows in the creases and burnishing and patina it has got, as well as a few battle scars.

great, thanks much for your reply! :)

atkins

As if Paddy went back to 1940,took a picture with a modern camera, ride his time machine back to 2011 and share with us. Is the watch vintage too?

PADDY_M

Bike clips and chain-guard Mike, but I'm going to get a pair of plus 2's or 4's for next year!

c425b1b0-1-1.jpg

unclegrumpy

PADDY_M said:
I was thinking a chromed, bullet streamlined side- car for the boys!!
Now you are talking!

Do you mean something like this, but with less motorization and a bit more old school look? And, "the boys"....exactly how big a crew will you be hauling? :D

SuperStock_1830-37455.jpg

Vcruiser

unclegrumpy said:
PADDY_M said:
I was thinking a chromed, bullet streamlined side- car for the boys!!
Now you are talking!

Do you mean something like this, but with less motorization and a bit more old school look? And, "the boys"....exactly how big a crew will you be hauling? :D

SuperStock_1830-37455.jpg

So cool..but Paddy would need a scotch & cigar...and the 'boys'..goggles..!

johnwayne

Somehow I can't quite see the peloton in the Tour de France wearing A2's'!!
Nonetheless good pics Paddy - clearly your bike is one for those more leisurely rides in the cooler months ahead but must that jacket does look 'original-ish' in the pics

cheers
Wayne