• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodwear Customer service is Great

kobol

Greetings,
This is my first posting here although I have been lurking around now for close to a year. I just wanted to thank everyone here for their posts and comments on the various repos out there. With the guidance of VLJ, I placed on order last November with GoodWear Leather for a 1939 Werber contract A-2 with hookless zip.
I just wanted to give credit to John at GoodWear for his great customer service. He allowed me to personally visit him and try on several jackets and get a feel for what I wanted in both size and contract. He has also been more than gracious to speak with me on the phone several times and email, but never once did he sound frustrated or bothered, in fact he has always been very engaging and a pleasure to speak to. Now, that's what I call Customer Service.

For the record my only experience in A-2's has been with U.S. Authentic, Avirex, and an Orchard, all of which I still own. I also have a Flightsuits Expedition (goat), Wested ROTLA "Indy" jacket (horsehide), US Wings Indy (goat) and a Todds Costume Indy jacket (lambskin).

A-2's and Indy jackets are some of my personal favorites. Although I wouldn't rule out an Irvin in the future. Those Irvins look like they would be the ticket when it's cold out.

Best Regards,
Michael

Tim P

Welcome. Johns jackets certainly do fit the bill. no concessions to anything, all the good and bad points of an original. He is friendly and accomodating.
we will enjoy hearing how all your jackets compare.
tim

greyhound52

kobol said:
Greetings,
This is my first posting here although I have been lurking around now for close to a year. I just wanted to thank everyone here for their posts and comments on the various repos out there. With the guidance of VLJ, I placed on order last November with GoodWear Leather for a 1939 Werber contract A-2 with hookless zip.
I just wanted to give credit to John at GoodWear for his great customer service. He allowed me to personally visit him and try on several jackets and get a feel for what I wanted in both size and contract. He has also been more than gracious to speak with me on the phone several times and email, but never once did he sound frustrated or bothered, in fact he has always been very engaging and a pleasure to speak to. Now, that's what I call Customer Service.

For the record my only experience in A-2's has been with U.S. Authentic, Avirex, and an Orchard, all of which I still own. I also have a Flightsuits Expedition (goat), Wested ROTLA "Indy" jacket (horsehide), US Wings Indy (goat) and a Todds Costume Indy jacket (lambskin).

A-2's and Indy jackets are some of my personal favorites. Although I wouldn't rule out an Irvin in the future. Those Irvins look like they would be the ticket when it's cold out.

Best Regards,
Michael

You know you got to post pictures once you get it. Thats the rule around here :D

A

Anonymous

But as John is a one man operation, every time one of you good people 'disturb' him and take his time, the waiting time on his jackets gets longer and longer for the rest of you ! :D No one man operation can afford to be anything but attentive in his customer service. It's just easier for John as he's a genuinly nice guy in the first place.

It will be interesting to see what happens to John's customer service levels if the business expands to ELC size. ELC's customer service is still excellent as is Aero's in my opinion.

Dave :ugeek:

jacketimp

JACKET_ HEAD said:
But as John is a one man operation, every time one of you good people 'disturb' him and take his time, the waiting time on his jackets gets longer and longer for the rest of you ! :D No one man operation can afford to be anything but attentive in his customer service. It's just easier for John as he's a genuinly nice guy in the first place.

It will be interesting to see what happens to John's customer service levels if the business expands to ELC size. ELC's customer service is still excellent as is Aero's in my opinion.

you on the waiting list, dave?

A

Anonymous

No Imp, I'm not. I've had two GW jackets and passed them onto others. Not my personal cup of tea although the Donigers look good. But then so did the two jackets I have owned look good in photos. It was in the flesh so to speak that they didn't measure up. After that I made a rule (my RMNZ B-3 notwithstanding) NEVER to buy a leather jacket without seeing it in person.

Nylons are so much more reliable visually :)

Cobblers161

JACKET_ HEAD said:
No Imp, I'm not. I've had two GW jackets and passed them onto others. Not my personal cup of tea although the Donigers look good. But then so did the two jackets I have owned look good in photos. It was in the flesh so to speak that they didn't measure up. After that I made a rule (my RMNZ B-3 notwithstanding) NEVER to buy a leather jacket without seeing it in person.

You do realise that's blasphemy round these parts ?

:D

A

Anonymous

Funny enough after I wrote that comment I developed stigmata and bleeding spontaneously from the head. Or did I fall asleep and bang my head on the computer ?

seriously though, I don't think that starting threads that simply say that JC has great customer relations throws much into the General Ignorance that is the the flight jackets forum's knowledge base. It's been said enough for us all to get the message. He IS a great guy but also his business depends as much on customer relations as quality. That's why his waiting times go up. It's the potential buyer he needs to make happiest and so time spent on getting the details right for a potential sale are critical - especially when he then needs to say "great, you'll have the jacket in 8 months".

kobol

I'll post pics up once I receive the jacket.
I just wanted to give a thumbs up to John for his service. I have had several fedoras handmade and custom gun work, where I didn't hear anything for over a year which after sometime can lead one to wonder if everything is ok. It was just refreshing I guess to be able to communicate so easily and I wanted to voice my opinion especially in case any other potential customers or lurkers such as myself are out there still in the undecided stage. I do place a high value on customer service as well as the quality end product. It's not just the product that'll make me a repeat customer, it's also the service I receive.

I do apologize to any of those who may feel this posting was unnecessary.

Best Regards

jacketimp

JACKET_ HEAD said:

Nylons are so much more reliable visually :)

nylons.........fetish.........as in leather???

jacketimp

Tim P said:
Welcome. Johns jackets certainly do fit the bill. no concessions to anything, all the good and bad points of an original. He is friendly and accomodating.
we will enjoy hearing how all your jackets compare.
tim

include aromas...........choose you flavours

a) mothballs

b)tobacco stench

c) unwashed genetalia

jacketimp

kobol said:
I just wanted to give a thumbs up to John for his service. I have had several fedoras handmade and custom gun work, where I didn't hear anything for over a year which after sometime can lead one to wonder if everything is ok. It was just refreshing I guess to be able to communicate so easily and I wanted to voice my opinion especially in case any other potential customers or lurkers such as myself are out there still in the undecided stage. I do place a high value on customer service as well as the quality end product. It's not just the product that'll make me a repeat customer, it's also the service I receive.

Best Regards

please no apologies...........

jacketimp

kobol said:

Best Regards

you mention fedoras........are you a member of the hat lounge?

kobol

Yes, I'm a member of the Lounge & COW. I haven't posted in either for quite some time, but do enjoy reading the posts and seeing pics when time allows.

jacketimp

Cobblers161 said:
JACKET_ HEAD said:

You do realise that's blasphemy round these parts ?

:D

they burn heretics don't they?

jacketimp

kobol said:
Yes, I'm a member of the Lounge & COW. I haven't posted in either for quite some time, but do enjoy reading the posts and seeing pics when time allows.

great forum for fedoras........

I'm a member there, too. (Hey, I have a fedora.)

Talked with John today about my jacket order and yes, he's a super nice guy. A pleasure to talk jackets with and a class act.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
jacketimp said:
have always fantasized about a borsalino........droooooooool

borsalino-panama-fedora-main.jpg