• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GOOD WEAR LEATHER NOW TAKING ORDERS!

CBI

as the title says, John's officially taking orders. Forgot paying your taxes, time to order!

bretron

CBI said:
Forgot paying your taxes, time to order!

LOL! My wife is getting more and more tired of my leather jacket obsession; id love to tell her i took an advance on our tax return and picked up a couple GWs :p

alas, I'll settle on a used one...

ButteMT61

I got mine in 3-1/2 weeks ago and I was given 5+ months. Word of mouth sure travels fast. Wow, talk about job security! But, that's fine - it will be in time for this fall :)

B-Man2

Platon;

What's your schedule looking like for your new jackets?

Regards
B-Man2

A

Anonymous

if you re #179 and a jacket takes 3 days to be completed then you should wait 537 days
if he works weekends too.

Do we know which # jacket is being made right now?

Persimmon

PLATON said:
if you re #179 and a jacket takes 3 days to be completed then you should wait 537 days
if he works weekends too.

Do we know which # jacket is being made right now?

This comes back to my point from before....is John the only person making his jackets.
How many jackets can be made in a week.

One, two, three at the top and that is pushing it with such fine quality.
Perhaps we could say a fair average would be two a week.

Add in weekends, holidays, illnesses etc and logistics suggest either its a soon a year and a half wait plus or like Santa, Mr Chapman needs/has some elves.
And will the quality be as strong with other hands doing some work ?

I know, I know, all the comments the last time were that only he is making them, etc etc but has the process speeded up through better machinery etc to make faster results ?

ButteMT61

We have no clue (at least I don't) on the numbering system.
It could mean nothing in the scheme of when we get our jackets.
Unless someone knows or JC tells us, it's not worth speculating...

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Persimmon said:
This comes back to my point from before....is John the only person making his jackets.
How many jackets can be made in a week.

One, two, three at the top and that is pushing it with such fine quality.
Perhaps we could say a fair average would be two a week.

Add in weekends, holidays, illnesses etc and logistics suggest either its a soon a year and a half wait plus or like Santa, Mr Chapman needs/has some elves.
And will the quality be as strong with other hands doing some work ?

I know, I know, all the comments the last time were that only he is making them, etc etc but has the process speeded up through better machinery etc to make faster results ?

I was just looking at a new Good Wear jacket made in the last two weeks, and I can assure you that the quality is all there. No evidence of work by elves with weaker stitching, or of fast machinery.

Any speeding up of the process, I think you can put down to the order taking hiatus, the new staff member in charge of administration, and perhaps an improved skill level of the solo sewer, which comes about with practice.

RCSignals

The numbers given don't mean much unless you know the start point of numbering. Was it a fresh no 1 with reopening of orders or was no 1 two years ago?
Platon illustrates this pretty well with his example.

buzzthetower

Administrator
If someone else is making my jackets, I would definitely like to meet this person...they'll be hired on the spot. As it stands, I've only seen my own hands doing this work.

The numbering system definitely comes from an automated web form, started two years ago. I had taken many orders without using the web form (cracking down on this now), so the numbers mean nothing in regards to delivery dates.

The reasoning behind a 5-month estimation and 8-10 months is a recent potential group order of jackets that may or may not happen. Nothing is confirmed yet, but it wouldn't be fair to give delivery dates sooner than the group could be made if it goes through.

Vickie, my new sales director, has done wonders in helping organize business operations. I'm a bit of a fool when it comes to running a business, and should be the madman behind the curtain sewing pieces of leather together. She has a much better big-picture view of what happens, and people are far happier with her in place.

3-4 jackets a week is typical, provided we don't have a week of snow with everyone stuck at home (ala January).

All the best,
John

omarco

Hi John

Thanks for clarifying things. I also want to mention just how good Vickie is at responding to emails and answering questions!

Cheers
M

wheat1479

There was a cartoon I think called Family Circle and one kid is explaining to the brother,God made time so everything doesnt happen all at once

Cliff

wheat1479 said:
There was a cartoon I think called Family Circle and one kid is explaining to the brother,God made time so everything doesnt happen all at once

Now I like that ! :lol: