• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Wear Goat and Horse

A

Anonymous

_SWH2028.jpg

This is really a great color. What's the name of this hide? (so to be able to order same)
Anyone knows?

Mundele

PLATON said:
This is really a great color. What's the name of this hide? (so to be able to order same)
Anyone knows?

Hopefully Cobblers will know as they are his jackets. However I am slightly puzzled myself. He refers to his Goat Dubow on his original posting in this thread. Perhaps he meant to say that the Rough Wear is goat and the Dubow is horse?

Let's await his advice.

grommet

This looks like the seal analine veg tanned leather that John used for my Acme (Aero)16160, which I recieved in August 2010. I will post a close up soon. This is the jacket from afar, but it is hard to see the leather grain and color:
DSCN0651.jpg

bseal

John was kind enough to allow me to have five minutes of his time this morning. He recently returned from Italy with several new contacts and terrific hide samples. From the pictures I saw, more good things are cooking in the Seattle factory.

Andrew

Bound to make decisions even more difficult.

Just playing devils advocate, notwithstanding the obvious beauty of the hides that have been displayed here in recent times, if you take the focus of seeking a repro which most closely resembles an original then are these hides doing this? I'm not so sure having only owned 10 or so originals but I can say that after 3 seasons of wear my horween GW is looking very much like a number of my oldies.

SuinBruin

bseal said:
John was kind enough to allow me to have five minutes of his time this morning. He recently returned from Italy with several new contacts and terrific hide samples. From the pictures I saw, more good things are cooking in the Seattle factory.
Terrible news for the Henderson family finances and SuinBruin retirement fund. :x