• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Wear Dubow Came In- With Pics

Hello All,

I know I don't post too much, but I read a lot of the posts here and enjoy the forum. I ordered my first high end repro from John at Good Wear last year and after a long wait, it's here!

I had originally decided to go with a Doniger or Dubow in goat after seeing- I think it was Andrew's Doniger. I then waffled while waiting and considered a Werber in horse. When the day finally came to put up or shut up, I couldn't resist the Dubow in goat. Just love that contract, especially the collar, and John seems to have them DOWN PAT. John was very patient and helpful in my waffling/choosing period, offering valuable insight into pros and cons for various options. As everybody says, he's a heckuva nice guy to work with on your jacket and he DO know his jackets. :D

Finally opted for a Dubow 27798 in that crazy cool goatskin with brown knits and a NOS Talon. The reddish/purplish knits are cool, but as this was going to be my "go to" A-2 for everything for a while I thought the more muted brown knits would be better for me.

Having never owned any originals or faithfully patterned copies, I was a bit surpised at how snug the jacket fit, but started getting used to it after just a few minutes. There was room in the chest area, and it was comfortable to drive a car in and raise my arms...it was just more "WWII fit" than I had expected! I did tell John I wanted a comfortable fit, but not a baggy, mall jacket type fit. I think he succeeded admirably, though I am of course curious to hear reactions from the members in the "look" or "fit" department. I think based on original photos I've seen- and I know they run the range of tight to baggy- I think it looks pretty darned good on me.

Color me happy. :D

front_view1.jpg

front_view2.jpg

side_view.jpg

reverse_view.jpg

collar.jpg

label.jpg

Grant

Fits you almost exactly how my original Dubows fit me. I don't think you could ask for a better looking reproduction A-2.

better duck

Hi Clyde! You are obviously just as happy with your GW goat Dubow as I am. I smiled when I saw your pictures, because it looks just the same as mine when I put it on first time and your description of fit and the experience with moving around in the jacket sounds simular.
And you know what: it will only get better! This goatskin will stretch over time to even better conform to your body contours. Mine has had a few showers over it, soaking it through, and I wore it while it was drying: the effect is great.
I am very much taken with the Dubow 27798 design too, especially the collar shape (very elegant) and the large box stitching on the epaulets - and of course overall fit. So much so, that I am in the process of ordering one in Johns new dark russet horsehide ....

jacketimp

is the watch waht i think it is???

no brainer et al..........it's a GW and like we brits say.......suits you sir!!

dujardin

hello,

very nice jacket, and she fit perfect on you.
an authentic look.
again a great jacket
congrat and enjoy

byeeeeee marcel

Burnsie

The fit is PERFECT - wear it in the rain and it'll be even better! Oh yeah - incredible looking jacket too!

wop54

Your jacket is beautiful and fits you perfectly. You will certainly enjoy it! Cheers, Carlo

Roughwear

Robman said:
Wow, excellent!

Dubows are truly representative of a typical WW2 A2 and that is definitely "it"

Original Dubows are among my very favourite A2s. I am not sure what a "typical" WW2 A2 is though?

Robman

Roughwear I will clarify... yesterday I wrote quickly.

I was remarking about both the fit and the A2. The Dubow 27798 being quite commonly issued/distributed combined with the excellent fit give a true WW2 look for the gentleman!

Excellent jacket, certainly worth the wait for sure.

airfrogusmc

Robman said:
Roughwear I will clarify... yesterday I wrote quickly.

I was remarking about both the fit and the A2. The Dubow 27798 being quite commonly issued/distributed combined with the excellent fit give a true WW2 look for the gentleman!

Excellent jacket, certainly worth the wait for sure.

Yeah it was a pretty large contract and I'd say the look I think of when I think of a typical A-2 look.