• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ghost collection

John Lever

Which jackets have you really regretted selling ?
Here's my list-
RMNZ size 46 m445
ELC merino size 48 1942 RAF Irvin
ELC size 42 Perry B3
ELC size 44 merino Anj4
ELC size 44 merino B3
Lost Worlds size 44 Anj4
Buzz Ricksons size 44 A1
Buzz Ricksons size 44 B2

These jackets represent a much better collection than I have at present.

Roughwear

As you know only too well John part of the hobby is moving on jackets to fun the next purchases! ;) Regrets are inevitable and you certainly have sold some iconic jackets over the years.

My main regret is selling a size 5 1940 Irvin which was in vg condition around 8 years ago as part of an "up-grade", selling a near mint CBI RW A2 and a patched size 44 1940 Aero A2.

mark

My very first bespoke jacket was a nice cow hide russet/milky chocolate colour Highwayman style jacket by Cirrus. I loved the jacket but discovered Aero and sold it off to Fedora Lounge member to fund a "proper" Highwayman. That was some four years ago. I missed the jacket so much that I contacted the seller and asked if he still had it and wanted to sell. Well the upshot is the jacket is now hanging in my wardrobe! A great feeling to have her back and she looks stunning, grainy and shiny.

John Lever

A similar thing happened with my merino Eastman RAF jacket. I sold it to a Canadian who sold it back to me after 3 years. Unfortunately he posted it surface so it took 12 weeks to arrive.

MikeyB-17

Never should have sold my Aero B-3. Beware! 'I'm not wearing it, could do with the money, I'll flog it!' When it's gone it's too late!
One day I will have another!

ButteMT61

My Good Wear A-1, hands down. Also one Aero A-2 Bronco. The GW kills me when I look at the pics, but I know it was too wide at the torso, so I have to keep remembering why I sold it. At least it got a good home. I was just thinking about trying to buy it back about a week ago!

Silver Surfer

how does that sinatra song go? "regrets, ive had a few"......yeah, a biggie. i sold a bitchn original monarch to mssr swatland. however, a few years later, he contacted me, to ask if i would like it back. wood eye?, wood eye?, wood eye? and, so i did indeed buy it back. and, for this i am eternally grateful to mssr swatland. the rest? they are like buses, they come and go.

Skip

Haven't been in this game as long as some of you gentleman, but last Spring was tossing up weather to sell my beaten up original Irvin, or the RMNZ M445 as last years Winter was more like Autumn for us, so they had virtually no wearing at all. I put them on in front of my wife and asked her which one, she said don't bother keep 'em. So then I asked her what about my repro G&F m422a? to which se she replied I like that one too. I heeded her advice, and am glad I did.

JDAM

The list is too long... a painted Long Raiders RW A-2, a couple of nice 21996's inc. my 23rd FG. Ugh. A beautiful Goat RW 18091, patched to an RAF pilot at Goose Bay.

omarco

For me it's An eastman star A2, a RMNZ M444 and and eastman B10.. Regret them all. All were let go because of a slightly bad fit or in the pursuit of something 'better' :roll:

John Lever

omarco said:
For me it's An eastman star A2, a RMNZ M444 and and eastman B10.. Regret them all. All were let go because of a slightly bad fit or in the pursuit of something 'better' :roll:
I think the RMNZ pattern is slightly off somehow. Mine was very baggy.

omarco

Mine wasn't quite right for my frame but looking back, I should have just lived with it.. Fab jacket that I really miss this time of year. will need to replace it one day.

sg1011

I really regret selling my Few B-2 and the Eastman B-3 Merino. The B-3 was a little small at 44 and I felt like I might rip it whenever I extended my arm. The size 46 B-2 however was a perfect fit, but I wanted a little more room in the shoulder/chest area. As it turns out, they won't make a 48, so I'll be ordering another 46 from RMNZ and I'm perfectly fine with that. One thing that I learned is that very few people have a structure that will allow a jacket to have that perfect "look" on them. From now on, if it looks/fits good and allows for movement, I'm keeping it.

a2jacketpatches

Only had a couple or repops in the past and don't really miss em at all. But the actual vintage leathers I do. Found one hanging over a chair at the dump swap shop on my birthday in 2000, always regreted selling that one as it seemed like God gave it to me or something.

Peter Graham

I've never missed a repro but the amount of original jackets that have passed through my hands would fill a small museum, most of which I regret selling. The three which spring to mind are a Stagg B-10, A Perry Sportswear D-1 and a Foster AN-J-3a, and there's so many more. :(

Skip

John Lever said:
omarco said:
I think the RMNZ pattern is slightly off somehow. Mine was very baggy.

I think its just a boxy jacket, I live with it just for that high collar (when ever I get a chance to wear it)

John Lever

Surely you are confusing the m444 with the m445 ? The small collar of the m444 is the thing that I don't like most of all, it looks odd somehow particularly as it lacks a leather backing so won't stand up.

omarco

I liked the small collar on the M444, the thing I found awkward to live with was the over size wind flap behind the zip.. it had a tendency to flap about if the jacket wasn't zipped up.