• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting back to Our Roots … The Cable 42-10008P also known as the 24759.

B-Man2

I keep hoping that we see some other originals being posted in this thread, so if any of you happen to have access to one please post some photos of it .
Cheers

Lorenzo_l

caddyd

Here's a well worn original that took a bit of research to pin down without its lining and label. I figured it was a Cable by the collar and narrow pocket stich but the ball studs threw me along with the crudely sewn in
DSCN5961.JPG
DSCN5963.JPG
DSCN5963.JPG
DSCN5965.JPG
DSCN5968.JPG
DSCN5969.JPG
DSCN5972.JPG
along replacement zip. But turns out Cable used a combo of ring and ball snaps. And this being goat its likely a Cable 42-10008-P. The leathers real soft and solid and I like the rust color Aero style knits.

B-Man2

Here's a well worn original that took a bit of research to pin down without its lining and label. I figured it was a Cable by the collar and narrow pocket stich but the ball studs threw me along with the crudely sewn inView attachment 141145View attachment 141147View attachment 141147View attachment 141149View attachment 141151View attachment 141153View attachment 141155along replacement zip. But turns out Cable used a combo of ring and ball snaps. And this being goat its likely a Cable 42-10008-P. The leathers real soft and solid and I like the rust color Aero style knits.
This is a great looking jacket but the photos are a little dark and don’t really do it justice. The photo of the Russett collar and shoulder tell the real story .
If you still own it please consider an outdoor fit pic in the sun light . Thanks for posting .

88thcompany

WAw these are three OUTSTANDING BRAIN STOPING A-2! the details! the more I look the more ideas I get! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! All jackets! Also, it's my first seeing an octagonal patch. Very interesting!

DJS48

If the jacket is goat, it could be a Cable 23382? I do have an ELC 23382 goat "caramel colored"",
which I bought from HPA circa 2000, me thinks.
I'm aware ELC has produced a later version utilizing HH.

Cheers,
Don

Members online

Latest posts