• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting back to Our Roots … The Cable 42-10008P also known as the 24759.

B-Man2

So … Been away for a few days and haven’t posted anything vintage for a while. So I thought I post this Cable A2 for your viewing pleasure and also in case some of you might like to compare the details to any A2’s of your own .
This jacket is an original WWII Cable that I got from a fellow VLJ member who knows more about these jackets than I could ever hope to learn. This one came from Vic also known as “Silver Surfer”. When I first joined this forum in 2009 I would see jackets from Vic’s collection that were just amazing. Luckily I had some spare change sitting around when he decided to let this one go. You’ll notice that it’s a size 40, not my normal interest as I like original jackets that I can wear occasionally, but this one was so interesting as it had some provenance that came with it .
The contract on this jacket was issued in Jan 1942 for 10,000 jackets at $7.75 per jacket. This jacket came with two different kinds of zippers an M-40 Kwik Zip pin lock and a Conmar zipper .
Gary Eastman’s A2 Manual is must have resource material for this hobby and I would encourage all of you to obtain a copy some place.

IMG_2757.jpeg
IMG_2758.jpeg
IMG_2759.jpeg
IMG_2760.jpeg
IMG_2761.jpeg
IMG_2762.jpeg
IMG_2764.jpeg
IMG_2765.jpeg
IMG_2766.jpeg
IMG_2767.jpeg

Last edited:

Lord Flashheart

Thanks for sharing that Burt. Just oozes character and history. Patches usually pass me by but that angry horse (?) really amuses me. Do you know any more about the named chap or the unit?

B-Man2

Last edited:

B-Man2

Thanks for the kind words everyone.
Please know that one of the purposes of these posts are to try and encourage anyone who has a vintage jacket of ANY type , not just an A2, to please post them. Trying to generate some vintage jacket postings and bring back the “Vintage” in VLJ.
Cheers

B-Man2