• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Get to the chopper !

John Lever

Screenshot_20240311_220022_Facebook.jpg

MauldinFan

If that was 'Nam, the only thing they'd been scared of was being left on the ground.
I've helocasted into a lake once and have three less proper landings than I should (once, using a parachute; long story there) in helicopters, but I never extracted like that in one. Nor would I have wanted that training!

Phrog Driver

Couple of SPIE evolutions, hundreds of fast ropes, casts and recoveries, and rappels, not to mention thousands of hoists. Very proud I got trusted to hold the sticks while the heroes in the back did their thing and thankful I never got anyone hurt. Every time I see it and think I could still do it I look down and I'm taking the trash bin out to the street in my underwear or putting peanut butter in the fridge and I remember it was a young man's game! :oops: Pic is one of my crew when we got to pioneer search dog rappels back in the early 80's.

Attachments

• Search dog.jpg
    Search dog.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 23

B-Man2

LOL!! :)
Guys as I re read this thread it brings back so many memories of great guys, fun times and some scary ones as well. We’re all older now and a long way down the road from the days of these photos and those memories. It reminds me of this song from years ago and it’s so damn appropriate you’ve got to smile when you think about the times past. ;)