• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gary's interview

chamboid

Andy, next time you are in the uk, Napule in Fulham broadway served the best al dente pasta I have ever had, amazingly simple.

Talking of finished, what was the finish that the U.S used to Depot re-spray/dye the jackets that seal brown colour? And has any manufacturer thought of offering that service for old jackets?

Peter you wait until my follow up o ZIPs!

(insert ironic/self-effacing smiley thing here)

unclegrumpy

havocpaul said:
Nice article (both are actually)...Gary's comments took me back, Exchange and Mart was an essential purchase back then to check out the militaria section. Saturday mornings 'under the arches' at Charing Cross was also a great way to find jackets, I think Gary sold from there at some point.
Yes, it took me back as well. I enjoyed reading it, but not thinking about how long ago that all was. :shock:

johnwayne

"Wayne -That SAT wasn't the one in Gary's book I suppose? Cheers Ian"

Ian, sorry only just seen your note but no - well as far as I can remember the one I let go I'm sure, had press studded pocket flaps - this would be maybe 6 years ago poss so pre GW repro and the condition was such it was clearly original. I umm'd and arr'd whether to go for it as it was likely a 40" and too small for me but having never seen the label before it threw me plus I wasn't too flush with cash at the time! The one that got away in my case, cest la vie!!

Cheers
Wayne

mindful

chamboid said:
Andy, next time you are in the uk, Napule in Fulham broadway served the best al dente pasta I have ever had, amazingly simple.

Talking of finished, what was the finish that the U.S used to Depot re-spray/dye the jackets that seal brown colour? And has any manufacturer thought of offering that service for old jackets?

Peter you wait until my follow up o ZIPs!

(insert ironic/self-effacing smiley thing here)
Is that so I live in Fulham I might have to try that place