• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G-1 Contracts ?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
johnwayne said:
... I'm now pushed to come down on which I prefer, that or a original Dubow A2 I got from Andrew (Roughwear) last year.

You're welcome, Wayne ...

And much as a Cagleco G-1 is a very fine jacket, an original Dubow A-2 is hard to beat. ;)

vzlion

Not exactly a reply, but a contract question. I'm a newbee here and since you guys are the contract experts, I figured you are the ones to ask. I posted a similar question in this forum and recieved no answer at all. It's about Avirex/Cockpit jackets. Currently there is a G-1 on eBay that states that Cockpit (Avirex) now has a contract for G-1 flight jackets. I asked the seller for his source for this info and he replied with the hype from the Cockpit site, which included this statement "This jacket is made of 100% Mil Spec goatskin. It follows the current Mil. Spec. US Navy pattern which COCKPIT SUPPLIES TO THE NAVY AND COAST GUARD UNITS." Is this true or just advertising hype? Thanks,
Walt
PS I'm not yelling, trying to highlight.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
vzlion said:
... "This jacket is made of 100% Mil Spec goatskin. It follows the current Mil. Spec. US Navy pattern which COCKPIT SUPPLIES TO THE NAVY AND COAST GUARD UNITS." Is this true or just advertising hype?

I don't think The Cockpit have ever held an actual contract for the G-1. More info on this thread ...

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1652

vzlion

Thanks for your reply. That's what I thought. The old Averix also used the same basic ad that they produced gov contract G-1s.
Walt

R7000

I watch the contracts and have not seen Avirex. They might have sold ones and twos to MIL pilots and called that a "Contract".

Thanks for the Monarch and the couple of other contris sent in that I missed. I'll post a update list during the next holiday.

Tom

Marv

I have currently own a MIL-J-7823D (WP) THE MARTIN LANE CO., INC. DSA 100-68-C-0099 in good condition size 46" but fits more like a 44".
From R7000's comprehensive listings I noticed that The Martin Lane Co. only had the 68 and 69 contracts, was wondering if that was a representitive of the jacket quality/fit or not.
My G1 came from Fleet Air Reconnaissance VQ-3 Ironman squadron, no patches I'm afraid just the squadron numbers stenciled on the back of the jacket.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Vq3_logo.jpg