• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FiveStar Leather Reproduction J.A. DUBOW MFG CO. A2

flyincowboy

REALLY SAD because the leather is really nice and it's a "beautifully" made jacket.

Last edited:

B-Man2

REALLY SAD because the leather is really nice and it's a "beautifully" made jacket.
Thanks for the measurements .
Question ? Did you have the jacket customized for you ? I ask because 25 inch back length seems short for a size 48.

Blackboxr1200S

I ordered size 44
measurements:
pit to pit 59cm
Shoulders 46cm
sleeves 66cm
length 67cm (added 3cm on request)
IMG_20230319_091625C.jpg

IMG_20230319_091549C.jpg

Blackboxr1200S

Dimensionally that looks like my gw dubow. Longer in the body length.
As stated here above, the stock 5* Dubow is quite short, that's why I added the 3 full cm.
Had a Werber before that was ok in size, but shoulders were way to square.
So made sure Shawn had the measurements spot on. They don't mind an email more or less. Better get it right.

@Smithy
Thanks. Both the Dubow and Rough Wear are a good fit and fun to wear.

Pa12

As stated here above, the stock 5* Dubow is quite short, that's why I added the 3 full cm.
So made sure Shawn had the measurements spot on. They don't mind an email more or less. Better get it right.

@Smithy
Looks like you got it right.

Pa12

@Smithy
As I stated on another post, my gw dubow is the longest of my jackets. I trust jc to get it right. So it’s good to know for anyone ordering a 5* dubow to get the extra length if you want accuracy. Something Platon needed, but that ship has sailed.;)

Ricks

Had the same problem with a 5* Dubow HH IN size 48 look to big and wide at the shoulders It look weird on me.

Had the same problem with a 5* Dubow HH IN size 48 look to big and wide at the shoulders It look weird on me. View attachment 138985
On the 48 could I ask what your chest measurement is. My 46 it fits well in the shoulders wearing a shirt and my concern is if I go up to to the 48 it will get too boxy and I'll constantly have to wear layers to take up the extra room. I have received great advice from the group with the look of the A2 and really happy with the workmanship of the FiveStar jacket.

MauldinFan

Bottom line is, if it doesn't feel right, then you wasted the money.
That said, others here have correctly posted that A2s weren't made to fit like modern flight jackets.