• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Star House B-3

CBI

Cut and paste from my Five Star - FB post:

A huge THANK YOU to Shawn and his team for the amazing work on this B-3 from Five Star. I am 10000000% satisfied with this jacket. Seal brown sheepskin with russet HH coverings (my preferred and fave combo). Incredibly well made, authentic, loads of great details. It's a stock size with some minor measurement changes. I suppose I could have maybe gone down a size but WW2 crews wore them with needed room for layering and I wanted that option as well. Could not be happier and on top of that, at Five Star’s price point……………….amazing…………..and ordered in December during their 20% off sale…………double amazing. A compelling case considering other B-3 options that look this good are MUCH more expensive! Thanks Shawn. Oh, one more thing, having owned high end repro and original WW2 sheepskin flight jackets, the word “comfortable” in simply not in the equation. THIS is jacket is really comfortable, there is no break-in needed. I wouldn’t call it lightweight but its not heavy!!! The Talon zipper is the smoothest zipper I have ever zipped. I was worried it wouldn't stay zipped up but its great. I will probably wear this 5 days a year so I didn't want to spend a fortune. For the sheepskin experts and OCD in the group, the shearling fur is more "furry" than the expensive brands but I have certainly seen enough period pics with furry shearing so I am not deterred. I think the Talon zip I mentioned is actually a larger size/gauge than what is authentically used. It sure makes zipping easy! Sorry about the funny faces, too bright out!!!!

IMG_6628.jpg
IMG_6640.jpg
IMG_6633.jpg

B-Man2

John
Did you have that custom made or did you pull your size off the sizing chart 5 Star provides? Also what size it that ?

CBI

its a marked 42, I ordered a 42 with one inch less in the sleeves and one inch added in the waist (waist - which I probably didn't need to do, but I can adjust with the side straps if needed). I upgraded to horse reinforcements and they did a little distressing to get some undertones to pop on the HH parts. Not a normal request for me but considering how seldom I will wear this, a tiny bit of aging might be ok.

B-Man2

its a marked 42, I ordered a 42 with one inch less in the sleeves and one inch added in the waist (waist - which I probably didn't need to do, but I can adjust with the side straps if needed). I upgraded to horse reinforcements and they did a little distressing to get some undertones to pop on the HH parts. Not a normal request for me but considering how seldom I will wear this, a tiny bit of aging might be ok.
Thank for that info. I do have one more question. I’ve purchased a couple of jackets from you in the past and thought that you wore a 44 or 46. I know the WPG Irvin I got from you was a 46 . So my question is this . Are you still a size 46 but a 5Star size 42 will fit you ? Or have you slimmed down to a size 42 and the 5 Star sizing is spot on for size 42.?

bseal

Cut and paste from my Five Star - FB post:

A huge THANK YOU to Shawn and his team for the amazing work on this B-3 from Five Star. I am 10000000% satisfied with this jacket. Seal brown sheepskin with russet HH coverings (my preferred and fave combo). Incredibly well made, authentic, loads of great details. It's a stock size with some minor measurement changes. I suppose I could have maybe gone down a size but WW2 crews wore them with needed room for layering and I wanted that option as well. Could not be happier and on top of that, at Five Star’s price point……………….amazing…………..and ordered in December during their 20% off sale…………double amazing. A compelling case considering other B-3 options that look this good are MUCH more expensive! Thanks Shawn. Oh, one more thing, having owned high end repro and original WW2 sheepskin flight jackets, the word “comfortable” in simply not in the equation. THIS is jacket is really comfortable, there is no break-in needed. I wouldn’t call it lightweight but its not heavy!!! The Talon zipper is the smoothest zipper I have ever zipped. I was worried it wouldn't stay zipped up but its great. I will probably wear this 5 days a year so I didn't want to spend a fortune. For the sheepskin experts and OCD in the group, the shearling fur is more "furry" than the expensive brands but I have certainly seen enough period pics with furry shearing so I am not deterred. I think the Talon zip I mentioned is actually a larger size/gauge than what is authentically used. It sure makes zipping easy! Sorry about the funny faces, too bright out!!!!

View attachment 137709View attachment 137719View attachment 137721

Big congrats on the sustained weight loss and glad to see a new purchase from you.

IMG_3032.gif