• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Few A-1

I took delivery of this jacket 3 weeks ago, it has had gentle use since then, driving to and from work.

I had the opportunity to choose custom lining, and went with a light olive rayon, which makes the jacket real easy to slip on and off.

IMG_0909.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

Bevan

Doug C

Wow, there it is, my dream jacket. The texture is nice but I especially love the color. Excuse my ignorance but what leather is it exactly? Method of tannage, etc?

Doug C

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Doug C said:
... but what leather is it exactly? Method of tannage, etc?

The leather is beautiful, 1.1mm Italian Badalassi vegetable tanned steer hide ... the finish is listed as casein.

Bevan will be along with the details. :)

John Lever

deeb7 said:
Doug C said:

The leather is beautiful, 1.1mm Italian Badalassi vegetable tanned steer hide ... the finish is listed as casein.

Is the Badalassi Horse or steerhide ?

Vcruiser

John Lever said:
deeb7 said:
Doug C said:

Is the Badalassi Horse or steerhide ?

Isn't Bad a lassi Kiwi sheep...?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
John Lever said:
David,
Please change the Avatar it's giving me a headache !

It's dreadful isn't it? ... but it's out of my hands, you need to talk to Marcel.

Some mission he has, I was ordered to change my avatar to a smiling face. :?

John Lever

deeb7 said:
John Lever said:
David,

It's dreadful isn't it? ... but it's out of my hands, you need to talk to Marcel.

You have now been removed from my Friends list .. :lol:

Doug C

Seems to me that the 1.1oz is great with the normally stouter leathers like steer, horse, etc. While (to me) a thicker weight is nice with the normally thin leathers such as lamb, cape, sheep, etc. not that those can be had MUCH thicker than that but nominally so is possible. It's twisted but that's what I'm starting to realize. Anyway this jacket is indeed "bad A"!

Doug C

John Lever

John Lever said:
deeb7 said:
John Lever said:
David,

You have now been removed from my Friends list .. :lol:
You're back on it now, but no need to get the hump.

Will at Aero has some Kudu skins that are amazing, he is sending me a sample so I will report when it arrives. As Kudu are a wild antelope the hides are grainy and have some bush scars on them.

ausreenactor

Sure is a Bad Ass jacket! Awesome. I was NEVER into A-1s for some reason?

They look like a well put together jacket. Those seams must take a bit of work!
I am sure they are super parallel too!!

Thanks for the pics..

Couchy