• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fade Quest …. Part Deux…

B-Man2

A few months ago you may have read how some putts (me), took a perfectly good A2 jacket, a Good Wear no less, and set it out in the Florida Sun and heat in an attempt to get the jacket to fade. The purpose was to get the GW to look like an original WWII A2 jacket that was weathered and faded. If you missed the thread you can check it out here ;

The experiment really worked nicely as different areas of the hide faded in a mismatched fashion.
Well the putts (me) is at it again, only this time the Fade Quest will entail fading two jackets over the summer months, which are hot and sunny down here. One jacket, the size 46,is an ELC Monarch, belonging to yours truly while the other, a size 42 GW Monarch belongs to Jan (Mulceber), who has graciously volunteered his Monarch as a guinea pig for this two part Fade Quest. I’ll start by taking and posting some before pictures of both jackets. Front and rear. As the weeks pass updates and photos will again be posted along the way, so you can see how the Fade Quest is proceeding. Ok that’s it for now so here’s some BEFORE photos of the two jackets .
Jans GW on the left , my ELC on the right
IMG_0811.jpeg

Jans GW
IMG_0812.jpeg
IMG_0813.jpeg
IMG_0814.jpeg
IMG_0815.jpeg

My ELC
IMG_0816.jpeg
IMG_0817.jpeg
IMG_0818.jpeg
IMG_0820.jpeg

Jans on top . My ELC on the bottom
IMG_0821.jpeg

Ok guys that’s it for now. First update will be in about 2 weeks, so stay tuned.
Cheers to all
B-Man

Chandler

Nah, you’re good bud. It’s not a word people have to spell very often anyways.
Now you're gonna tell me people don't know Schmuck. :p

I have to admit how funny it is to look back on TV comedy in the 70s (particularly the Tonight Show) and how much Jewish comedians influenced my humor without my really recognizing it. I just thought it was funny. ;)

Last edited:

mulceber

I’m optimistic when it comes to mine. It’s gotten some decent wear already, and if you look at the shoulders near the armpit in the last photo, you can already see where the coat of dye is starting to break up.

ZuZu

I’m optimistic when it comes to mine. It’s gotten some decent wear already, and if you look at the shoulders near the armpit in the last photo, you can already see where the coat of dye is starting to break up.
Isn't that lightening from wear? I used to hope and pray my dark seal Avirex would fade to russet like I saw on originals. Sunlight never did anything.

mulceber

It is - my thinking is that rain and wear have weakened the protective coat, meaning the UV will be more effective than it ordinarily would be. Only time will tell if that’s true or not.