• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC Warhorse Hide A-2

Doug C

David, that's the same link that I posted before - my point is that the picture on that page is NOT a picture of the time worn model, which, as you pointed out is what the OP asked about... so, my question was: are you guys seeing pictures somewhere of the TW model (of the new Warhorse leather)? Not trying to be rude but it seems like we're saying the same thing.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Doug C said:
David, that's the same link that I posted before - my point is that the picture on that page is NOT a picture of the time worn model ....

Doug, I linked to the description page as it showed Eastman were offering both versions, your link was to the montage.

For the appearance of Time Worn, I was remembering earlier posts on the forum. This one's a Cable, but it will give you the idea ...

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7241

Pete17

I agree. I paid a fortune for my RW1401 and would never think of trying to "age" it in this way.

We tend to forget that he old A2's from WWII were once new also...

Cheers
Pete

Roughwear

Pete17 said:
I agree. I paid a fortune for my RW1401 and would never think of trying to "age" it in this way.

We tend to forget that he old A2's from WWII were once new also...

Cheers
Pete

This is so true Peter. The best way to age a jacket is by wearing it. Mint originals from the War show exactly what a newly issued A2 would have been like, not an artificially aged garment. :lol:

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
philip.ed said:
Is there a description of the hot-water treatment?

There's much written about it here, but Search on this forum sure ain't Google.

A full detailed description of the hot water technique, complete with pictures, can be found on John Chapman's CD.