• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC RW B-3

havocpaul

Eastman have now upgraded their RW B-3 with the Crown zipper so this price is probably around the amount ELC would charge on their re-issue page, nice though.

stika

Hi guys

Yes I hope so too. I couldnt resist buying it! I bought a new duo-tone Eastman B-3 a couple of months ago in a size 44, and it fits perfect.....

Any of you guys who own a redskin and has a few teaser-pics? :)

Karsten

John Lever

IMGP1932.jpg

IMGP1933.jpg

IMGP1935.jpg

IMGP1961.jpg

IMGP1964.jpg

As you can see, it's quite an old one and well worn. I always like it when someone else dose all the hard work !

stika

Hi Donsom

Wow what a great looking jacket. Are you happy with it?

I just ordered the new B-3 from Gary. Actually he called me yesterday and since the new grainy look only was official for the last 18 hours, he asked if I wanted the monotone B-3 in the new grainy style. I said yes, so now I am a bit thrilled to recieve it soon.

donsom

Very happy with it ... and a big fan of ELC for being able to speak with someone directly at the company where it is manufactured.

Only thing is that it is STIFF (not broken in). I ordered a ELC 44 Regular (my chest size is around 43), and I do find it a bit tight. I'm hoping that when it works in, that it will loosen up. I think that a 46 would have fit better in the shoulders, but been too wide at the bottom. I've always had an issue with a tapered fit though (wider in the shoulders). That's one of the issues of not being able to try it on first.

The look and quality of the leather on the redskin is incredible .... and the shearling wool is VERY warm indeed (great for our Canadian winters).

I am absolutely CERTAIN that you will love yours once you receive it ... and .... get ready for lots of people to stop you and ask you where you got it ... :)

stika

That sounds great that you like your jacket. I really look forward to recieve it. I have seen your pics, and it looks like it suits you very good actually!

I also ordered the new B-3 Grainy Look monotone in the same size 44. I was very surprised when Gary called and gave me the option wether I wanted the old style or the new style.

You live in Canada? I was living in Toronto for 3 months when I was there for flight training. I love Canada. I have also been to other places there, and really wanna spent more time in your beautiful country.

Do you have more plans to buy other jackets from ELC? Like you, I am also a great fan of ELC. I have also ordered the A-2 1401 in time worn look. I am also thrilled to recieve this jacket. But most of all the B-3 from ELC is just fantastic. The Redskin ELC rule and it is so special to look at.

donsom

Next in line is an A-1 (for spring), but probably from www.goodwearleather.com ( http://www.goodwearleather.com/pages/gwa1_images3.html ). His jackets are taking an average of 4 months to make, so it should be done for springtime .. :)

Apart from that, ... an ELC Irvin (RAF 1940s) ... again, I love the look of this jacket ( http://www.eastmanleather.com/images/RAF40BoBmont.jpg) and JamesP has a great thread comparing the ones he owns ( viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2558 ).

I am assuming you did your flight training here in Canada in the summer (while in Toronto). Ontario is beautiful .... but it does get very cold here in the winter ... :) . Your new B-3 will be very warm if you decide to visit us during the winter.

Please be sure to post pictures when your jacket arrives ... I know it will look great!