• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC relaunch the Monarch A2

Roughwear

I notice there has been quite a hike in the price. The new Italian HH certainly has character but looks thicker than that used on all the originals I have seen. The collar is a closer match to originals compared wiith the previous version. The pocket flap is now the correct size if not a little too rounded. Most originals have seen have curved flaps, but often with a slight point in the centre. The original Talon zip is a nice touch, but brown painted brass Talons were used on originals.

Roughwear

I have just noticed an innovation for ELC on this jacket. The pocket nipple snaps have for the first time on an Eastman A2 the indentation found on originals.

I will check out the Monarch at Duxford early in September. I wonder who will be the first to get one on the forum? Where is John Lever these days? ;)

blethook

Ouch! The price is a killer...

Good thing I bought mine (with internal pockets) before the price increase.

Yes, I don't think mine has the grainy warhorse hide to start with. The hide on mine was really smooth (initially) & soft and the hide is rather thin (like their Werber).

It has now started to develop grains, though not as much as I would like it to have, primarily because of the warm weather we've been having. I am confident with hot water treatment it'll be easy to develop more grains, though I'm reluctant to do it.

I wonder if the fit is still oversized, or if they've now based the sizing on a different sample?

John Lever

Roughwear said:
I have just noticed an innovation for ELC on this jacket. The pocket nipple snaps have for the first time on an Eastman A2 the indentation found on originals.

I will check out the Monarch at Duxford early in September. I wonder who will be the first to get one on the forum? Where is John Lever these days? ;)
I'm here Andrew.
Just looking for an Audi TT at the moment, so have lost ' the bug ' for a while.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
John Lever said:
Just looking for an Audi TT at the moment, so have lost ' the bug ' for a while.

I hope you've had a thorough test drive, I swapped cars for a day, and I was glad to give the Audi back. It was great fun, but in a built up area, impractical ... difficult to see out, hard to park, and too cramped to comfortably get in, and out.

better duck

Roughwear said:
The pocket nipple snaps have for the first time on an Eastman A2 the indentation found on originals.

Hey, that's great Andrew, now you don't have to hammer them yourself anymore, with all the chances of mishap. Readymade indented nipples, what next?? :D ;)

Roughwear

better duck said:
Roughwear said:
The pocket nipple snaps have for the first time on an Eastman A2 the indentation found on originals.

Hey, that's great Andrew, now you don't have to hammer them yourself anymore, with all the chances of mishap. Readymade indented nipples, what next?? :D ;)

Peter, making the indentations in the pocket snaps was all part of the fun of owning an ELC A2. :lol:

John Lever

deeb7 said:
John Lever said:

I hope you've had a thorough test drive, I swapped cars for a day, and I was glad to give the Audi back. It was great fun, but in a built up area, impractical ... difficult to see out, hard to park, and too cramped to comfortably get in, and out.

Good points David and I agree with all of them.
But that S- tronic gear box and the 3.2 fwd on the country roads where we live ....

I have lost the jacket bug at the moment, probably just the weather.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
John Lever said:
But that S- tronic gear box and the 3.2 fwd on the country roads where we live ....

Fair enough ... I've driven one on country roads, and then it was a different story. ;)

Make sure you get a good colour.

956896-TT.jpg

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Roughwear said:
... I thought this thread was about the new ELC Monarch? ;)

You know, it was ... then someone suggested John should buy one, and swerved it right off course. :cool: