• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

elc new website

Roughwear

It is better orgained with the sub-sections under some of the main categories. It's a shame there is not a section on original jackets as in the famous Golden Book and of customers wearing jackets. Where is the guestbook? I know people used it to sell jackets and leave feedback on products.

zoomer

Doing away with A Dept., B Dept., C Dept., etc., is only going to unconfuse potential customers.
This is a collector market - promotion should be at least a little bit vague and offputting.
It helps guys feel they're Getting Something that's Not For the Public and Speshul and stuff.

Radz108

Did anyone see the price of the roughwear B3 jump to 699.99 pounds. I'm glad I bought mine at the "cheap" 599.99. Sheepskin must be getting expensive :)
However the standard B3 is still 549.99

Cheers

John Lever

£700 for the B-3 ? wow ! :eek:
He's a cheeky chappy that Gary !
BUT... they now feature the new warhorse on the arms and pocket. I have been asking Gary about this but he wasn't sure whether they would go ahead.
The jacket looks even better and must surely be the best looking B-3 repro.

dmar836

Who has a jacket yet in this "Warhorse"? It sure looks sort of like that Horween that was thin and stretchy. Is it? When a new jacket looks broken in to begin with I always wonder why.

m444uk

dmar836 said:
Who has a jacket yet in this "Warhorse"? It sure looks sort of like that Horween that was thin and stretchy. Is it? When a new jacket looks broken in to begin with I always wonder why.

A while back my ex-Japanese girlfriend bought a cheapish leather jacket from Camden market in London. Sort of papery with cracks. Something a tanner would grade 3 or 4 and sell cheaply.
It's an amazing world we live where clever marketing means less can be sold for more :twisted:

A

Anonymous

It's the oil price that is getting higher
which causes the jacket prices to go even higher. ;) :lol:

Radz108

John Lever said:
BUT... they now feature the new warhorse on the arms and pocket. I have been asking Gary about this but he wasn't sure whether they would go ahead.
I have a copy of the old photos of the RW B3 and it's description. Apparently my RW B3 which I got earlier this week should have had the Warhorse horsehide on the sleeves and pocket. But my horsehide facings are not as grainy as is shown on their newer shots. I probably need to break it in more :)

Falcon_52

John Lever said:
Yes, I bet the 2nd generation warhorse is what drove up the price on these like on the A-2s. Surely it looks good but that's a hefty price jump. Yikes!

Noel

zoomer

Good times or bad, you can always count on quality leather prices to go up. The best costs whatever they say it does.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Vcruiser said:
SO...now she's a CowGirl...?

japanese-cowgirl.jpg

Weasel_Loader

I think the new design of ELC website is fantastic! About the only thing I think they could improve on is the photos for the jackets. This is where I think Good Wear excels. JC takes some great photos of all his jackets from multiple angles and gets all the details covered.

Design wise, I vote for ELC #1, Bill Kelso also has some very slick web elements and looks right up there with ELC! ;)