• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC D1 SIZE M

mindful

HERE IS THE D1 UNFORTUNATELY THIS JACKET WASN'T RIGHT FOR ME SO IT WILL BE GOING BACK TO EASTMAN I WAS A BIT DISAPPOINTED WITH THE LEATHER IT WASN'T VERY THIN AND ALMOST LOOKED VERY CHEAP COMPARED TO MY EASTMAN A2 THE SIZE MEDIUM WAS GOOD FOR ME BUT THE STYLE DIDN'T QUIT LOOK RIGHT FOR ME,IM SURE THE G1 55J14 WILL LOOK AS GOOD AS MY A2 AND THE MORE FITTED STYLE WILL SUIT ME MORE HOPE SOMEONE ELSE WILL THIS JACKET MORE :roll:
026.jpg
005-1.jpg
029.jpg
017-1.jpg
012-1.jpg

ghq1

JMO but it looks great on you . . .

You mean it's not very thick I think . . .and that's the nature of the lambskin turned inside out . . .plus the 1/4" fleece . . .

You could always throw some goat or horsehide sleeve reinforcements on it like the B-3 or ANJ-4 for more durability and heft

mindful

Thanks guys yeah in the pictures the jacket looked really good but like my wife said it didn't look as good in the flesh never mind i will put some pics up of the g1 when it comes next week they just in the process of cutting the leather sounds good when they say that.
p.s sorry about the spelling lol

Peter Graham

Mate, I think it looks great. For me, part of the D-1's charm is it's boxy utiliarian appearance. If you prefer a more fitted jacket then the B-6 would have been the one to go for. It's no thicker than the D-1 mind. I agree with John. Keep it.

Marv

I too think it looks pretty good but as you are going to be wearing it then ultimately the choice is yours and if you are 100% happy with it then send it back.

mindful

:oops: 100% going back i know the g1 will be better on me as i have tried one on before and i prefer the thicker goat leather looks more hard wearing and durable and after some years the vintage look will grow on it.

Persimmon

mindful said:
:oops: 100% going back i know the g1 will be better on me as i have tried one on before

I think it looks terrible on you.
The worst jacket I have ever seen in my life.
You should be ashamed to wear it.
It does not suit you at all.
What a waste of money
Are you blind - Is everyone else blind !!
Etc
Etc
Etc

Now there's plenty of reasons to send it back.
Hopefully that will focus your mind on sending it back if thats what you want.

Or

Do you want to sleep on that decision ...............................

Hope the next one is what you are after.

mindful

if this jacket was premium warhorse leather there would be no ? on keeping it im not sleeping on this one its rapped and ready to go.by the way Alan that was funny .lol ;)

asiamiles

All down to personal taste. The jacket looks exactly as it should. A no fuss work jacket. With D-1's one has to get used to lack of 'design' and the lightweight rather flimsy-feeling sheepskin that seems like it will easily rip or fall apart and won't have much use once it get beyond chilly. But it actually does the job. You might be more happy with a B-6 if you want to go the sheepskin route again, though it's made from the same thickness of sheepskin.

mindful

your description was spot on asiamiles exactly what i thought of the jacket i think this style is just not for me, each to there own ;)

Tim P

Of course. G1 and D1 are two very different jackets, I wonder why they were on the shortlist....just curious. By the way, that D1 would have settled down to a better fit in the short term.

mindful

:roll: Ive been trying this d1 on today and its growing on me ALOT i never had this style jacket before but now after reading the comments and description it has help me to make a decision on this little gem. you have to look at the style of the jacket for what it is and not for what it isn't when you say work style/engineering jacket i understand the d1 a little bit more, and i agree with tim about the leather needs to brake and settling which will add character .
i love this d1 and its not going back thank god Ive had the day to sit on it. thank all for your comments its helped bundles.
p.s
this is way ive joined VLJ.

REGARDS MINDFUL ;)

Flyingmariner

Hi Mindful...
I agree the D1 looks great on you.
I have recently purchased the Eastman G1 and it's a fantastic jacket.
The cut and style of the G1 makes it very comfortable.
Regards,
Wayne.

Persimmon

mindful said:
:roll: Ive been trying this d1 on today and its growing on me ALOT i never had this style jacket before but now after reading the comments and description it has help me to make a decision on this little gem. you have to look at the style of the jacket for what it is and not for what it isn't when you say work style/engineering jacket i understand the d1 a little bit more, and i agree with tim about the leather needs to brake and settling which will add character .
i love this d1 and its not going back thank god Ive had the day to sit on it. thank all for your comments its helped bundles.
p.s
this is way ive joined VLJ.

REGARDS MINDFUL ;)

I think it looks fantastic on you.
The best jacket I have ever seen in my life.
You should be ashamed to have even considered not wearing it.
It fit's you perfectly .
What fantastic value for money
I see the light - Everyone is sane !!
Etc
Etc
Etc

Now there's plenty of reasons to keep it

And

I love it that much I am wearing in bed tonight ! ...............................