• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC CABLE RAINCOAT A-2

Tim P

it is a detail that i would not have looked for. I take it as a given that these things are considered by the manufacturer. clearly they are not. In my opinion it doesnt detract overly but to have a bang on forensically perfect jacket would be something i would like. I have never seen an origninal cable so i dont feel too bad. It is another detail I iwll be checking in future.

Burnsie

rich said:
Yes, I miss Jeff's posts too. He was a great devil's advocate and tenacious in his views.
Even when he was knocking one of my jackets he was backing it up with photographic support and I was learning something - nothing wrong with that!
So where is he?

A

Anonymous

I P.M'd Jeff a while back but got no response. Shame, I always assumed he thrived on the hullaballo he created. His content was always guaranteed to grab your attention even if the delivery was sometimes a little abrasive.

Re details, who is the happier man ? The one who wears an Avirex and is happy with it in his supposed 'ignorance' or the guy who was happy with his Avirex until someone on this forum pointed out all the 'faults' and who then bought a top end repro which was then pointed out to still not be 'authentic' and who then went on to repeat the process several more times?

Dave

rich

JACKET_ HEAD said:
I P.M'd Jeff a while back but got no response. Shame, I always assumed he thrived on the hullaballo he created. His content was always guaranteed to grab your attention even if the delivery was sometimes a little abrasive.

Re details, who is the happier man ? The one who wears an Avirex and is happy with it in his supposed 'ignorance' or the guy who was happy with his Avirex until someone on this forum pointed out all the 'faults' and who then bought a top end repro which was then pointed out to still not be 'authentic' and who then went on to repeat the process several more times?

Dave

Life is but a chain of repetitive appetite's................ :D

A

Anonymous

Re original A-2 jackets Jeff could tell you who made the jacket even if he did not see the label and be sure he was right .How many of us could do that ,so I tip my hat to him for his knowledge .
Rgds Jeff Dubowa2