• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC Anj4 mk 2

767fo

It does look very nice. It looks like they replaced the snap pocket for buttons. I took delivery of mine about two months ago and it is a very well made jacket. I asked them for the new warhorse trim and they didn't do it :evil: but the HH they used is very nice and I look forward to breaking it in this winter:)

Persimmon

767fo said:
It does look very nice. It looks like they replaced the snap pocket for buttons. I took delivery of mine about two months ago and it is a very well made jacket. I asked them for the new warhorse trim and they didn't do it :evil: but the HH they used is very nice and I look forward to breaking it in this winter:)

Perhaps they regard you as one of those dumb American's that they can overcharge you for a standard jacket and not tell you what you want is coming soon !!

Ah you really need to be in the inner circle of "friends" who not only get special discounts but even personal emails from the Boss to keep you in the loop.

The wonders of Eastman !!

Otter

Persimmon said:
767fo said:

Perhaps they regard you as one of those dumb American's that they can overcharge you for a standard jacket and not tell you what you want is coming soon !!

Ah you really need to be in the inner circle of "friends" who not only get special discounts but even personal emails from the Boss to keep you in the loop.

Sometimes I wonder why anybody ever bothers posting here when I see a reply like this.

Persimmon

Otter said:
Persimmon said:
767fo said:

Sometimes I wonder why anybody ever bothers posting here when I see a reply like this.

Which reply ????

blackrat2

Just looking at the site I have to say the pictures of the leather used in the model being photographed looks pretty nice.
If someone here owns a recent one..as mentioned earlier..how does the leather compare.
Has anyone got one on order.

767fo

blackrat2 said:
Just looking at the site I have to say the pictures of the leather used in the model being photographed looks pretty nice.
If someone here owns a recent one..as mentioned earlier..how does the leather compare.
Has anyone got one on order.

Here are some pics of my Anj4 that was made a few months ago in the old HH. The new WH appears to have a lot more grain and to be thicker. I am very happy with my jacket but I would prefer the new HH. Timing is everything:)

4e03eabd6b45f80c8dcd7308065e8007.jpg

ab4a6a6979add27cd0df1fea91c4ecfd.jpg

5bfef0b008750df17b0a416dafd484fa.jpg

917e65a9c1c3512aa98643e018a861f2.jpg

818b3c9db188fa9e2cf1a5c4dbc200ef.jpg

41c530d62c27323c3bb91c800076a3c2.jpg

aeba6dcdba3b287430a9f897f7bdd490.jpg

e8c04a6590eb37b5f14e89a94c7c4be1.jpg

87a34950f6cc85e707ba26d2b3f55ade.jpg

e4c24ca79d6cabfac8d0aaa0f78a3097.jpg

John Lever

Looks great and has always been a favourite design of mine though I prefer the version wirh sheepskin cuffs.
I wonder why the horse is russet?
Seal on seal looks better to me.
Gary tells me there are new products coming this Autumn.

767fo

John Lever said:
Looks great and has always been a favourite design of mine though I prefer the version wirh sheepskin cuffs.
I wonder why the horse is russet?
Seal on seal looks better to me.
Gary tells me there are new products coming this Autumn.

Did Gary say the WH was russet? It looks seal in some of the pics.

John Lever

It looks russet on my screen. I just prefer slightly less contrast.
One of my reviews from years ago has photos.

blackrat2

Stupid phone..can't find my post
Thanks 767 for the pics so quickly like you I think the new leather looks better
John what are the sheepskin cuffs your referring to,was this unique to one maker or just one of the variants made
Did originals ever come with Talon zips...sorry if stupid questions but I don't know much about these jackets

767fo

John Lever said:
It looks russet on my screen. I just prefer slightly less contrast.
One of my reviews from years ago has photos.

It does look to be lighter than mine but it is probably the lighting. They should be coming out with the new trim on the Standard B3 at anytime.

John Lever

blackrat2 said:
Stupid phone..can't find my post
Thanks 767 for the pics so quickly like you I think the new leather looks better
John what are the sheepskin cuffs your referring to,was this unique to one maker or just one of the variants made
Did originals ever come with Talon zips...sorry if stupid questions but I don't know much about these jackets
Some versions had sheepskin rather than HH cuffs. The horsehide cuffs look clumsy and crease up badly. The sheepskin just looks better and is just trimmed at the ends.