• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC 352nd A-2

Ian C

Here's some more after I did some work on the collar etc as it did used to lay a bit flat for my liking...

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1407.jpg

IMG_1406.jpg

IMG_1405.jpg

blethook

Ian, it looks nice!

I have one myself but have never given it the HWT.

It did however get soaked in the rain once. The hide on the 352nd Monarch A-2 (pre new warhorse) is very supple to start with. I don't think it needs HWT...Just more frequent wear would be sufficient I'd imagine.

Ian C

I've always thought it felt more comfortable than my Rough Wear. The leather is as you say more supple and I feel less trussed up than in the latter. The main benefit is that I managed to give the collar a bit more form.
I bought both as I couldn't decide which colour I liked best. Up until recently I went through a bit of a seal brown phrase, but that's recently switched to russet. I know it sounds tragic but so what, I don't really care.
I have been considering selling the Rough Wear to partially finance a Good Wear but I don't really want to part with it. I've got a yew longbow that can probably go for the same reason so that may go.
As a good friend said, 'one lifetime isn't enough to do everything you want to do fully'. Too many hobbies-not enough time.
Ian