• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC 352nd A-2

Clark J

Does anyone here have/had one(or even tried one on for that matter)with the inside pockets?What did you think of it?I had a Monarch and it fit me well..just to small.Let me know if you have anything to add!!

havocpaul

The Monarch is a comfortable contract, I did find the inside pockets made me feel a little 'padded out' around the waist/stomach area to begin with but I got used to the feeling after some wear.

LtGustl

Servus from Vienna,

i like my 352nd jacket very much, especially the inside pockets.
Enough room to store more than a passport, keys & wallet.

kindest regards

Front.jpg

Collar.jpg

nogbat

your jacket looks really nice.. but the352 nd i had was not good at all, it was like a plastic finish and not what i thought up to elcs good finish , alas i ebayed it away .. glad your happy with yours though????

LtGustl

I am happy with my jacket; got it in july 08 and added an original RAF whistle to the collar.

kindest regards

Ian C

I love my 352nd. It's the jacket I'm wearing in my profile pic. I'll see if I can get some better pictures if anyone is interested? It's better hide and feels a nicer fit than my Eastman Rough Wear 27752. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Ian

Ian C

Here is a larger pic of my 352nd fighter group jacket.
Please excuse the mad hair, beard and odd stance. I've broken my leg and susequently I'm bored and house-bound, well that's my excuse anyway.
regards,
Ian
IMG_1403.jpg

Ian C

Thanks although it was more like a tough mission moving the car next to the battery charger in the snow and ice and breaking my ankle in the process :D

I love the jacket as I do my Rough Wear 27752 but this one fits better and the leather seems superior too. I bought this one because I wanted a russet A2 as they are more uncommon than the darker shades it seems. Also I used to live close by to Bodney so it seemed the right one to buy and the inside pockets are really useful. I tend to wear each depending on the mood I'm in at the time and the G1 if its a bit colder as I can wear more underneath it.
Cheers,
Ian

p.s. here's the Rough Wear....

IMG_1404.jpg

Ian C said:
Here is a larger pic of my 352nd fighter group jacket.
Please excuse the mad hair, beard and odd stance. I've broken my leg and susequently I'm bored and house-bound, well that's my excuse anyway.
regards,
Ian
IMG_1403.jpg

Mr...If you're quoting Stiff Little Fingers...I don't care how off your feed you look...you're alright with me!

Ian C

Yeah, Stiff Little Fingers have been one of my favourite bands since I was a young lad. One of the best live bands going, even now in my book.

MikeyB-17

First live gig I ever went to-Stiff little fingers, Cornwall Coliseum, must have been about 1979. Never looked back. The Monarch looks great.

johnwayne

Hey Mr C both look neat a fit and interesting you say that 'russet' seems less common - I've often thought the reverse (currently I've 3 repros + 1 original and all russet) and if I did go for another A2 it would be almost certainly be 'seal' option - probably a GW albeit I'm still an ELC fan too and the A1 is my next consideration.
Whatever, if I do venture down that path I can hear 'er indoors already 'not another brown leather jacket'!! They dont understand do they?

cheers
Wayne

Ian C

johnwayne said:
Hey Mr C both look neat a fit and interesting you say that 'russet' seems less common - I've often thought the reverse (currently I've 3 repros + 1 original and all russet) and if I did go for another A2 it would be almost certainly be 'seal' option - probably a GW albeit I'm still an ELC fan too and the A1 is my next consideration.
Whatever, if I do venture down that path I can hear 'er indoors already 'not another brown leather jacket'!! They dont understand do they?

cheers
Wayne

Hiya Wayne,
I've heard the word 'disease' mentioned on here and I think there is something in it. having said that I just tend to like jackets in general in the same way that a lot of women like shoes. When I mentioned russet being less common I meant that amongst all A2 derivatives. I think a lot of people buying good replicas choose the russet to distinguish from high street versions at least thats what decided for me. As a preference I can't decide between the two. I know my 352nd always fitted better but after following some advice on here regarding HWT I've got it more how I want it. As I write this I am now sitting in it to dry it out and hopefully 'form' it a bit. Already the grain looks better and the collar is more how I want it. I'd considered doind this some time ago, I was a bit wary until I had a better idea. I'm very happy with the result so far.
Just out of interest I've heard a lot of people asking about HWT on different jackets and types of hides. Now this may not be relevant but its just a thought. I have friends who make medieval type shoes for living history etc and these are made inside out and then turned. Now I was told that in order to do this they need to be soaked first and that it only works properly with veg-tanned leather as are a lot of Eastmans and I dare say Good Wears? Maybe this is why people have different varied degrees of success? Just a thought.
Thanks,
Ian

johnwayne

The HWT desease is one Ive managed to steer clear of - I'm really fearful of catching it even though Ive had the rarer A2 bug (and like you the common general jacket bug) for more years than I care to admit, I just cant shake it off!! The VLJ doctors here are no good either, they just make things worse but sitting at home with an HWT jacket on your person may prevent others from catching it, until they see the lasting effects at least!!

Must admit I do like the women and shoes analogy and must remember to use that one when I get reminded how many jackets I own - it was over 20 last time I counted and not all brown leather I hasten to add!!!

cheers
Wayne

Ian C

I can add Baracuta Harringtons, Crombie cloth overcoats and MA1s to the mix for me personally.

Cheers,
Ian