• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ebay supplementary user agreement for sellers

dujardin

i can't tell you what happen with internatinal sales on ebay.belgium because i'm not myself a seller.

burt i'm often on ebay.
and many more, i saw seller from US who refuse to sell internationally
and that's not good for business
today i saw a Irvin QAC parachute (coded yellow) finishing at only 355usd
with an international, this same parachute have to reach +- 1500usd

with their f.....g rules, ebay will lost sellers and of course buyers..... something as the begin of the end.
better to use the sales on the forum, between members.
of course some fees with international payment but at the end not much more than ebay fees

just my 2 (euro)cents ;)

Jeff M

John Lever said:
... Well I would think that the only way ebay could verify this was if you used a Paypal postage label. ..?

If that's the case...eBay needs to go back to the drawing board.

If it's just the printing of the label that "confirms shipment"...print it, don't send it.
If the label has to be tracked by a carrier to prove it was sent, stick it on and send an empty box.

Peter Graham

This is outrageous. They have gone too far this time. Does this only apply to sales to the US or all international sales ? Most of my sales go to Europe and Japan and like John, I'm not going to post an item that I haven't received payment for. It's the end of the line for me on ebay.

John Lever

Jeff M said:
John Lever said:
... Well I would think that the only way ebay could verify this was if you used a Paypal postage label. ..?

If it's just the printing of the label that "confirms shipment"...print it, don't send it.
If the label has to be tracked by a carrier to prove it was sent, stick it on and send an empty box.
If I print the label I pay Paypal for postage at the same time.

John Lever

Peter Graham said:
This is outrageous. They have gone too far this time. Does this only apply to sales to the US or all international sales ? Most of my sales go to Europe and Japan and like John, I'm not going to post an item that I haven't received payment for. It's the end of the line for me on ebay.
Peter
All international sales

Jeff M

John Lever said:
Jeff M said:
John Lever said:

If I print the label I pay Paypal for postage at the same time.

From a "fraud prevention" standpoint a moot point.

A fraudulent seller will "sell" a multi hundred dollar item (shipping charge included ;))
Pay $25 to Pay Pal to print off a label and receive the funds.
Come out hundreds ahead.

If PayPal is actually doing this to prevent fraud..they need to re-think it.

ausreenactor

G'day..

I had to sign the agreement some weeks ago IOT list items. I sold quite a few items on Sunday afternoon and Paypal payments came in straight away. No holds. It may be based on the country you are in or tied to feedback? Australia told Paypal and eBay to EAD with regard to the payment methods on eBay.com.au. We can still receive money orders, direct deposit or cheques. I am in Australia, items listed on US eBay, sold to US, Germany, HK and more. Not sure how they are doing it. The thing that is REAALLLLY pissing me off is paying fees on shipping charges. I charge $25.00 shipping they pocket exactly $2.25 in a 'Final Value Fee on Shipping. 'Which they then convert in an exchange rate that favors them. To the tune of 3c out of whack to the rest of the world? Add this to some hefty Airmail charges and you need to factor it in. ADD 10% to your shipping to see you not out of pocket. Or add 20% as a handing fee. That is what I am going to do now. I usually subsidise the Airmail but not anymore. Better getting a lower price with a reduced final value fee and not losing out on shipping. When they sting you on both ends it is insanity gone mad! :? I am moving more to forum (WWII Reenactor & US Militaria Forum etc) to move my military stuff now. Can drop the prices by 20% and probably still be in front.

Just my 2c worth... (eBay cut $0.0018)

Couchy

John Lever

I wonder if the withholding of payment until positive feedback is received is also an attempt to force sellers to accept returns ?
Another device I suspect that could be in preparation is to use Paypal to levy taxes in some way, as the whole of ebay is outside the tax system, or to stop money laundering or illegal money transfer used in terrorism ?