• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay is becoming more and more useless

John Lever

The latest joke. I can visit ebay France but find several items are blocked. Why ?
This is the reason -
Dear member, Unfortunately, l' access to this object was blocked because of legal restrictions into force in certain countries. In accordance with these restrictions, we endeavour to block l' posting of the objects concerned. We regret informing you that for technical reasons, some advertisements not returning within the framework of these restrictions can not be accessible to the users. We request d' from you; to accept our excuses for any nuisance and we hope that you will find d' other interesting objects on eBay. Thank you. Click on preceding the Page button to retrogress

These are just second hand jackets !!!
What happened to free trade ?

Baron Kurtz

Camino blocks UK users from viewing anything in the WWII categories. it comes up with the same message (but in English ;) ). I cannot view Irvins, A-2s, B-3s et alia if i use my browser of choice (Camino: open source, and all that jazz).

bk

John Lever

It's not the browswer
I tried IE and Firefox. Some seemingly ordinary leather jackets are blocked. Still waiting for a real answer from ebay.
Go to French ebay and look under under 'blouson cuir' in' homme vetemants' About 1 in 10 are blocked.

Baron Kurtz

That's interesting. I've never come up with that message in Firefox or Safari, either using a PC or a Mac. Only with Camino. Everything that's blocked by Camino will open when copied into another browser.

I've never understood the blocking logic.

bk

John Lever

Latest answer -
Dera John,

Thank you for your email.

We need to forward your problem to our technical department.

However eBay France knows the technical problem with this retriction ,
and unfortunately we can only suggest to wait while our technicians
solve the problem on eBay France.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Caroline Roi
Service Power Seller d'eBay