• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay 'any country' searches no longer available?

Jason

It seems eBay has - at least locally, not sure about the rest of the world - have deleted the ability to search for items listed from 'any country', and now I'm restricted to searches from either: a particular nominated country, or available to my country - but not *any* country.
Has anyone else noted this, and if so - is there a work around?

robrinay

On the iphone app if you find and select the shipping option on the menu selected by scrolling right to left then you can set the item location to worldwide and it does seem to bring up items which are listed as 'post to US and Canada' and since I'm in the UK that could be one way around your problem assuming you can access this app and it works in your country as in mine. But as suggested above going to a particular countries eBay can bring up stuff that never turns up in worldwide searches on a Mac or PC. eg I found a beautiful sterling fountain pen on Italian eBay and using Google translate persuaded the vendor to accept my bids and post it to the UK. Lastly if you go (come) to and then sign in to eBay.uk then you will still have the worldwide search option on the left hand menu.

robrinay

John Lever said:
The mobile apps are all pants IMO. Choose eBay classic for all the eBay functions.

Agreed but if I'm out and about I use the iphone and using the app stops me being quite as irritated by classic eBay having first to be selected from the bottom of the page on the default mobile version and then second, the darn thing goes straight to the summary refusing to rest on the drop down menus to allow selection for four out of five attempts. -or is that just on my 4s?

John Lever

It does like to revert to the app version but you could always just use the eBay website via the internet.