• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman Werber B-3 size 44

stephen210

Here is my size 44 Werber.
The measurements are
Shoulders - 20.5"
Pit to pit - 25"
Down back- 26.5"
Sleeves -25"
I'm 5'10" 185lbs. 43" chest

I feel the length is a bit long for my liking. Trying convince myself it is a good length .
20221205_121609.jpg

Does anyone know what the measurements are for a size 42?
Thanks

Southoftheborder

As regards the OP's post I think it looks no different to the pictures you see of many originals as they were worn and it looks fine. Just like the A2 fit the wartime ones would have been all over the place and they took what they were given.

But if you aren't happy with the way it looks you probably never will be. I had something similar with B6 repro I had once. It was about as long on me as this is on you and it niggled at me every time I wore it. I sold it on in the end, but I slightly regret doing so.

And so it goes...

Amit

I've seen original photos where some look huge, others too small, looks fine for me, I think we tend to forget it was originally designed as work gear
Here is my size 44 Werber.
The measurements are
Shoulders - 20.5"
Pit to pit - 25"
Down back- 26.5"
Sleeves -25"
I'm 5'10" 185lbs. 43" chest

I feel the length is a bit long for my liking. Trying convince myself it is a good length .View attachment 87955

Does anyone know what the measurements are for a size 42?
Thanks

JonnyCrow

perfect wwll fit, and a perfect fit for ya,, too. I little extra length means that when ya lift your arms, the sleeves don't ride up to your fore arms, and when ya bend at the waist, your shirt doesn't pop out the back. longer is better, imo
A similar comparison is one I heard from a old guy years ago is adjusting suspenders too tight and it rips the back buttons off your pants when you bend over haha

Micawber

perfect wwll fit, and a perfect fit for ya,, too. I little extra length means that when ya lift your arms, the sleeves don't ride up to your fore arms, and when ya bend at the waist, your shirt doesn't pop out the back. longer is better, imo

That's it and another plus is you don't show off your "builders bum" or "builders crack" as it is known over here [shirt rides up and half hitched trousers riding down as you bend down as can be seen in the summer on construction / building site workers].