• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman Rangoon Shirt

Persimmon

I am looking at purchasing the Eastman Rangoon shirt.
Anyone bought this ?
What is the size on the body like ?
When you read slim fitting/tapering I can only dream about the body I used to have that my 24 year son now has !
Can you adjust the width - taking out darts etc if required ?
What is the quality like?
Is it worth the money I guess ?
Anyone bought a size 15" and did not(hardly) wear it and wants to sell ?
Alan

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
No, you can't alter it ... the fit is true to size, but it's long in the body, and shaped in at the waist. Eastman have them made in China, the quality is good, with nice detailing, and the price is reasonable for a tailored woolen shirt.

This reminds me of the listing on MASH, one of the translated pages ...

Rangoon shirt, comes with matching Thailand.

Andrew

deeb7 said:
No, you can't alter it ... the fit is true to size, but it's long in the body, and shaped in at the waist. Eastman have them made in China, the quality is good, with nice detailing, and the price is reasonable for a tailored woolen shirt.

This reminds me of the listing on MASH, one of the translated pages ...

Rangoon shirt, comes with matching Thailand.

Now that's funny. :lol:

I bought one off Carlo, it's the Pinks variety though I think it's kind of dark. Really high quality with excellent detail like the additional collar tab and button and the satin lined collar, they are tapered and feel great but i imagine that if you're carrying a spare around it might not fit that well.

ausreenactor

Check eBay too. NCHS sell a shirt and they market it as the Eastman Rangoon. Not sure if they have done a deal, are a reseller, or have hit the Chinese maker up. I have both the Chocolate and Pink and love em. Never wear em, but I love em!!

http://desc.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=e ... t=0&_rdc=1

"Excellent Reproduction of a US Army Officers Dark OD service shirt, know as "Chocolate" color. This model is the well known "Rangoon" model, tailored by Eastman Clothing of England. Made of 100% virgin wool 2 ply gaberdine material. Has a 6 button front, 3 button cuff and 2 button collar. With epulettes to denote a officer model. Highest quality available. This shirt is a medium sleeve length is 35 inches, neck is 16 1/2 inches."

Couchy

handworn

Bastards won't make it any more in my size. The curse of a large head and therefore a large neck.

grommet

I concur. It's a well made and correctly fitting shirt. I am still looking for the appropriate occasion; perhaps the next furlough to London?