• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman Leather Mystery Jacket...need some input.

Tattoo A2

Just got this ELC Roughwear 1401p off of ebay for 250 dollars, it was listed as a Vietnam era flight jacket. Anyway it has me a bit puzzled. The jackets tag is for the Roughwear 1401P, yet the jacket is a darker brown color, It also has the white tag next to label that eastman puts in, not sure when they started or ended that. The size tag in the pocket is cut off and there are no Eastman labels in the jacket at all. To me it appears to be Goatskin, which I didnt think Eastman did, and the leather is in great condition, almost like new except for a small puncture hole on the shoulder. The knits are replacements and wrong, the sleeves are black and the waistband is almost that dark. Please look at the photos, I would like to get the knits changed and the hole fixed, does Steve Sellers do that? And has anyone ever seen this model from ELC this dark or in Goatskin? Please chime in, the price was right and nobody else bid on it.
thumbnail - 2024-02-15T163813.557.jpg
thumbnail - 2024-02-15T163841.074.jpg
thumbnail - 2024-02-15T163901.923.jpg
thumbnail - 2024-02-15T163925.088.jpg
thumbnail - 2024-02-15T163951.806.jpg
thumbnail - 2024-02-15T164058.364.jpg

Chandler

Interesting piece. FWIW -- my 1995 1401 came with that extra tag on the spec tag. I carefully cut it out.

The 27752 I had showed remnants of the same tag (estimated to be the same era jacket).

Interesting that there's an AAF decal on the sleeve, but I suppose the original buyer may have requested it.

Suspicious that the pocket tag is gone, but not the extra one at the spec tag.

Oh yeah, and I'm pretty sure ELC offers goat.

Tattoo A2

The size tag is still in the one pocket but was cut out a bit so all I can see is RW, usually Eastman has a label in the other pocket, but nothing is there and never was, also thought the white tag being there was odd and the other one cut, Thanks Steve. And its definitely an ELC decal on the arm....

B-Man2

Rob
It’s definitely a late 1990s… early 2000’s time frame ELC RW. I had one with the same white “Made in England” tag. I would definitely have a chat with Steve Sellers regarding having the knits replaced . You might want to order a set from “Mash” first as it will save time if you send him the jacket and the knits together. Also talk to him about repairing the hole . He’s a wizard when it comes to things like that .

Last edited:

Tattoo A2

Well dug thru some old boxes and came across this folder I got from ELC back in the mid 90s. I see know according to the sample leather they sent at the time that this jacket is made in the standard color of russet goatskin at that time. As you see in the photos with the sample and the jacket next to each other they are a match. Id say thats a dark russet. Also checked the inside snaps and they are marked the same as yours Z. Emailed Mr. Sellers today to see if he can change the knits and hole for me and just waiting to hear back from him, thanks again for everyones help in this matter.
thumbnail - 2024-02-16T152602.233.jpg
thumbnail - 2024-02-16T152711.066.jpg