• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman G-1

Skyhawk

Ordered this beasty here, there were no options zipper wise other than the Talon. Very nicely made item, not cheap but I got to try on to ensure a good fit. I’ve been through 5 nearly rans which all got moved on so finally bit the bullet & stumped up the readies, I really wasn’t intending another ‘high end’ jacket but a G-1 was my first ever flight jacket at 18 (soon out grew it) & haven’t owned one that’s worked since. Fingers crossed with this one. For me personally absolute historical accuracy isn’t an issue but I can appreciate it is for some.

View attachment 59112
Congrats! I'm sure you will enjoy it. Eastman quality is fantastic and if the little discrepancies don't bother you, it is sure to be a great and satisfying jacket.

London Cabbie

Love it. You will too...
9881733E-3B7A-4690-B889-E9E841D0B6B4.jpeg

johnwayne

Surely not that comfy zipped up in the cockpit of a black cab! Good way of creasing up those sleeves too I would have thought?
In fact, rarely if ever do I zip up jacket when driving but each to his own!!

Brettafett

I don't have one, but I'll tell ye, one of the most comfy flight jackets I've ever tried on.
The last time I tried one on, I was so close to walking out with it, but I needed a bit of length added to the sleeves on a 42... Ended up getting an M-442a (which I later sold)...

bn1966

I don't have one, but I'll tell ye, one of the most comfy flight jackets I've ever tried on.
The last time I tried one on, I was so close to walking out with it, but I needed a bit of length added to the sleeves on a 42... Ended up getting an M-442a (which I later sold)...

I did own an ELC M-422A, found the sleeves a bit baggy to my taste and I prefer the dark seal of the G-1..it was a 46 and the upper chest area felt a bit snug so moved it on in the end. Size 48 G-1 should nail it.