• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman / ELC "Pearl Harbor" question

Banzai

Ok, here's some pics of it, plus one selfie. Included a shot of the new, better cuff knits.
image_40037873 (1).JPG
image_40037873 (2).JPG
image_40037873 (3).JPG
image_123923953 (8).JPG
image_123923953 (9).JPG
image_123923953 (7).JPG
image_157478385.JPG

Last edited:

Banzai

By the way, when I bought this jacket I puzzled out that it was the "Pearl Harbor" model based on the fact that it's clearly a "house" model from the tag, but it has a collar stand. According to what I can find, that makes it the "Pearl Harbor".
Also, it had in the pocket a cardboard Eastman store tag that in pencil had "PH-WAL" written on it, which I'm pretty sure means "Pearl Harbor - Walnut".

Banzai

I don't know if they were reproducing Talon zippers back then, but mine, including the shape and engraving on the base, which is obscured by the pull I tied to it, looks just like a mid-40s model that I found on a Talon picture dating ID chart. I guess that's pretty cool.

So I hear you saying I should carefully cut out that white tag by the "contract" tag.

Brettafett

I was fortunate enough to have visited the ELC factory when there was a long rack of PH movie jackets just been returned post shooting.
These were what the official PH house jackets were modelled from I guess.

Chandler

So I hear you saying I should carefully cut out that white tag by the "contract" tag.
It's probably a personal preference to those of us looking for a more authentic look to our jackets, but I also can't imagine that tag being very comfortable as is.

Brettafett

Could very well be. It was a while ago, but when I arrived there to try on other jackets, they were there on a rack, some beautifully 'aged'... When I asked, I was told they were for a movie.
Not for sale.

Brettafett

Yes, I dont recall exactly. Could be that those on that rack we're not used in the film.
They did look more 'aged' than usual as I recall, more so than what I saw in the film. There was a seal A-2 that I was doting on big time. I tried, really... lol but no sale.