• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman Devon Fleece

B-Man2

John;

Didn't you have one of these when they first came out?
What did you think of them?

Regards
B-Man2

John Lever

B-Man2 said:
John;

Didn't you have one of these when they first came out?
What did you think of them?

Regards
B-Man2
Initially I liked it,but after a few days it became clear that the hide was too stiff and the fleece too sparse. The seams inside the cuff next to the zips were very uncomfortable. Good idea but not the correct materials.

IMG_1578.jpg

IMGP3690.jpg

Roughwear

Having owned one of these jackets briefly I would agree with John. The fleece side had a most unauthentic sheen to it and was not comfortable to wear.

m444uk

How come more recent Eastman shearling is so dry and stiff ? Can't help feeling something is going wrong at the tannery process wise.

m444uk

John, you remember that Perry type B3 I bought in the YMC sale for £550 . It was for my brother's 50th birthday at the weekend. Alas on closer inspection there was a split under the arm seam. About the size of the end of my small thumb. Nothing wrong with the stitching but the material was thin and brittle at a stressed point on the jacket. Sooner or later it was going to tear along the stitch holes. Piss poor batch of sheepskin IMHO ! (The older ELC RAF and Roughwear cap shown in the background are far superior.)

They didn't have another size 44 so I got a refund. It may end up being repaired and offered on the reissue section at ELC.

IMG_0682-1.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

omarco

m444uk said:
John, you remember that Perry type B3 I bought in the YMC sale for £550 . It was for my brother's 50th birthday at the weekend. Alas on closer inspection there was a split under the arm seam. About the size of the end of my small thumb. Nothing wrong with the stitching but the material was thin and brittle at a stressed point on the jacket. Sooner or later it was going to tear along the stitch holes. Piss poor batch of sheepskin IMHO ! (The older ELC RAF and Roughwear cap shown in the background are far superior.)

They didn't have another size 44 so I got a refund. It may end up being repaired and offered on the reissue section at ELC.

IMG_0682-1.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

I thought the YMC Perry B3's were £695? i'v tried contacting them twice about sizing and details and they haven't responded.

m444uk

The in-store sale price was £595. Tip: in fashion and antique stores always ask "what's your best price" for further reductions !

As of last week they only had 2 small B3s left AFAIK. The E1 branch has a 40 hanging in the shop. Note they don't have the perry tag just the standard Eastman B3 one and a leather YMC tag. There will not be any more shearling until next winter if at all. Apparently nobody bought them at the ludicrous £895 full asking price. Something I'm sure they need to charge to pay the high rents in their trendy locations.

I'm suspicious about the longevity of Eastman's new paper type sheepskin.

They had the normal A1 ticketed at £495 and time worn £550. No size 44. Don't think you'd get more off these as they can sell them all year round.

John Lever

That's very bad luck. I hope my Perry lasts longer than that as I really like it. There is a technical term for when the stitching causes the leather to tear like that. The late Andrew Tinnion explained it to me once as it's quite a common problem with stiffer sheepskins.
I would have sent the jacket back to Eastman, I am sure Gary would have given you a new jacket.

B-Man2

Another mystical end to an Ebay Auction!!

The last time I checked, the bids were up to $785.00 US, plus or minus a few dollars.

Where'd it go ??

John Lever

Shaggy or what ??
The seller is making a fundamental mistake in his approach by selling two ELC RAF at the same time, giving potential buyers too much choice and diluting the attentions and cash of bidders. When I sell on ebay [rarely] I make sure there are no similar items listed as mine.

rich

Roughwear said:
True John. There are at least three ELC RAF jackets currently for sale on Ebay: 1940, 1942, 1944.

Three jackets!!! :eek: All at once? I just can't deal with this information overload! Help! Nurse!